Search results

1. SamDC5

Suspension geometry/design

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread in regards to the suspension geometry of the DC5/RSX/EP3 platform. Any information you can share regarding bumpsteer, changes you've made to the geometry and how they've affected the car etc etc Questions get asked a lot on Facebook etc so...
  2. SamDC5

Circuit Days Nordschleife Track Day

Anyone attending in april? Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  3. SamDC5

Stevie at Eightspeed

A credit to Stevie at Eightspeed, he sorted me out some Rays Eng wheel nuts. He accidentally pointed me towards the short versions with only 16 nuts in, he realised and promptly sent me an email explaining that I needed the medium versions with 20 nuts. He kindly did the medium's for the same...
  4. SamDC5

What's your favourite road?

Thought this would be a good topic as I'm looking for good roads and trips to take the DC5 on. What's your favourite road to take your tegs? Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  5. SamDC5

DC5 Top Mount

Just need some clarification regarding top mounts. I've bought some Bilstein B14's along with a set of genuine Honda top mounts. I'm going to be fitting it all myself, I'm not just not all familiar with this type of suspension. When I fit the new top mounts to my B14's do I need anything off...
  6. SamDC5

DC5 track rod end nut on EP3

Do DC5 track rod end nuts fit on an EP3 track rod end thread? Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  7. SamDC5

Insured at 21 with Brentacre

I've been searching for insurance quotes over the past few days. I'm 21 with 4 years no claims and 1 year DC5 experience. Spoken to Sky who were okay but wanted £25 every time a mod was added. Then spoken to Brentacre who were fantastic, offered me a fantastic price at £1180 which is down...
  8. SamDC5

DC5 Engine Start Button

Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on installing the Honda Access engine start button kit? I installed the engine start button with the Honda Access loom so it was just plug and play. The button works as it should and everything. However I can now start the car without using the clutch...
  9. SamDC5

EDFC Wiring

Has anyone installed EDFC themselves? What 12V constant supply and what 12V ignition supply did you use? Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  10. SamDC5

DC5 NH0 Paint

Unfortunately I've got to have both doors 're-painted' as the doors were painted in Japan and now micro blistering has appeared. What are people's experiences with having championship white bits re-painted? Did you use base and lacquer or direct gloss? What was the colour match like? I know...
  11. SamDC5

Start Button Harness

I'm in the process of installing an engine start button, on the harness I bought unfortunately the connector for the plug circled was ripped off prior to me buying it. Can anyone tell me what this connector is actually for that plugs into the start button harness? Is it just a 12V power feed...
  12. SamDC5

Miller's Nano-Drive

Been using Miller's Nano-Drive + 5-40 ever since I've had my DC5. I've noticed it does seem to use a bit. 850ml to 1K miles which seems high to me, I've read up of people reporting the K20 seems to use a lot more of the Miller's brand as opposed to something like Shell Helix Ultra which people...
  13. SamDC5

DC5 Honda Access Engine Start Button

I've recently bought an OEM DC5 engine start button with the OEM loom. I've been searching on here the past few days and there's a lot of conflicting info on these and the threads are a couple of years old. The loom comes with two brown connectors which I believe plug into a connector behind...
  14. SamDC5

Removing front and rear lip

I need to remove the front and rear lips to get them painted. Is it just the two screws both sides and pull them off? Do they have some sort of tape on? Don't want to do any damage when I take them off. Thanks Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  15. SamDC5

DC5 OEM Start Button Wiring

Anyone wired one of these in that didn't come with one from factory? Looking to add one but can't really find a decent guide/wiring guide. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  16. SamDC5

Wheel Spacers

What wheel spacers are people using? Looking for spacers to lower the offset of OEM wheels. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  17. SamDC5

Brakes

I'm starting to collect parts to upgrade the brakes on my car. I've just bought some DBA grooved discs for the front so far. I was going to keep OEM discs on the rear it seems pointless putting grooved on. I've started to look at pads and I've been recommended some PBS 800 pads from Area...
  18. SamDC5

Rear ARB bushes fitment

I'm replacing the bushes on the rear ARB and was wondering if I need to remove the entire ARB? Or can I just unbolt the two mounting brackets and get the bushes on that way? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  19. SamDC5

Bilstiens B14

Anyone had any experience with these? Looking at suspension and I just don't know where to go. I don't really want springs as I'd like the height adjustability but don't think I could justify B16 price new. What were the B14s like on the road as I know you can't adjust the damping? I will be...
  20. SamDC5

Badges/stickers

Looking at replacing the rear Type R badge as it's a bit tired, what's the best way to take this off without damaging the paint? Also has anyone replaced the Type R stickers on the sides? What are they like to replace as I hear you get templates with them? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk