Search results

1. CW05TEG

Drop links - opinions?

I've literally just fitted a front set that I bought from japserviceparts.co.uk. They look decent to be fair, a bit chunkier than the oem ones that were taken off. Mine were toast too.
  2. CW05TEG

DC5 rust

From what you say it's probably worthwhile just accepting it for what it is for now then. Providing it's still able to pass its mot, just enjoy it for the time being. When the time comes, by all means get it sorted properly but I hate to start a job I don't have the means to see through. I once...
  3. CW05TEG

DC5 rust

Most of it will be superficial so not too hard to sort. The minor stuff like nuts and bolts can be stripped and replated which will transform the overall appearance. However it does look as though the paint on the shock towers has broken through so I guess it depends on what your long term...
  4. CW05TEG

Front camber issues

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately I didn't get a copy printed but I'm thinking I'll remove the front wheels and clock up my hubs/driveshafts. Failing that I'll drop the shocks and see if there's anything obvious going on. The car feels soo much better after being realigned but it's...
  5. CW05TEG

Front camber issues

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my first post. The car has adjustable camber bolts fitted at the front. Spc if I remember rightly. I always assumed max camber with these should be around -1.5degrees each side, but it's as though mine is biased to one side.
  6. CW05TEG

Front camber issues

The most obvious thing I'd guess is that the front bushes have started to crack slightly, but only appears superficial. I suppose they will need doing soon anyway so I'll find out soon enough. I've also had a top mount replaced on the osf so maybe that could be contributing to it?
  7. CW05TEG

Front camber issues

Morning all, I took my Dc5 to a local garage to do a laser realignment yesterday. The steering had been knocked out of line after I bounced it off a kerb at cadwell. The front and rear toe was pretty far out so that was corrected. However the front camber is completely different from left to...
  8. CW05TEG

Bad times

I gave them my VIN No. so they could look up the exact model. I wasn't convinced but they proved me wrong and turned up with the correct screen first time around. The trims were replaced by autoglass after I asked if the clips had broken. The fitter was sound and said he would make sure they...
  9. CW05TEG

Bad times

This is really strange but I've recently had this exact problem too. Cracked from the base of the windscreen. Luckily auto glass sorted it straight away but had to order new trims as the originals snapped.
  10. CW05TEG

tailgate lift supports / struts

Thanks mate, always wondered where I could find the full schematic diagrams for the dc5. Will definitely come in handy! Just checked on Lings and it doesn't look like they are available. I'll give Honda a call and see if they can still source them. Failing that I'll have to look at importing a...
  11. CW05TEG

Ste01 - I hadn't tried Honda simply because my local branch closed last month. It's now a 20mile trip to my nearest Vertu branch. I was hoping I could just order some online to be honest. Dazaturbo - I'd prefer new ones mate. Mine still work OK but rattle like buggery as the ballcups have...
  12. CW05TEG

Afternoon all, Please could somebody point me in the right direction where to buy replacement tailgate lift supports or struts? For a 2005 facelift dc5, although I presume they are the same as pre-facelifted versions. Thanks
  13. CW05TEG

Gruppe M

I'm not sure how much the gruppe M and Teg M differ in terms of design, but I have a 2005 facelift and the Teg M is a perfect fit around the oem strut brace.
  14. CW05TEG

Drunk driver took out my teg :(

Sorry to hear this mate, that's really unlucky. Glad to hear you weren't badly injured it could have been much worse looking at the damage. Hopefully the insurance sorts it for you without any issues 👍
  15. CW05TEG

Alignment

To save traipsing through all pages, what tyres are fitted to the car? Have they been replaced recently or are they part worn? As mentioned before the wear pattern in the tyres tends to have a huge effect on these cars. If you pull up to a junction with slight lock, then pull away quickly...
  16. CW05TEG

Alignment

I reckon this is just the nature of the car tbh, unless it's completely wayward. These cars seem to suffer from bumpsteer even with a standard setup. Worn tyres definitely make it a whole lot worse. Mine has oem shocks with spoon springs, adjustable camber bolts on the front (set to max -neg...
  17. CW05TEG

Steering wheel locks/gearstick locks security question

I've had people take photos of my car on my drive mate so I get exactly where you are coming from. If you are genuinely concerned, look into getting a battery immobiliser fitted. They are very cheap but also very effective because unless someone knows about it, the car won't be going anywhere...
  18. CW05TEG

Mugen twin loop B pipe??

Congrats on the purchase mate, best colour choice too (in my unbiased opinion of course ) As above, hopefully somebody who has the mugen system will answer your question. I have an RM01A so can't comment I'm afraid.
  19. CW05TEG

I think my car is cursed...

Hi all, Just to update this, I have ended up with a set of new Climair deflectors and the Honda Access ones arrived today. I got itchy feet and decided to see what the difference was as the climairs were recommended by a friend. Climairs: JDM Honda Access: I still think the oem ones...
  20. CW05TEG

I think my car is cursed...

Well the Facebook ads seem to have done the trick. I have sourced another pair that actually look nearly new. Mine were always an opaque matt colour so I expected another used pair to be similar but these are nice and glossy. Just for reference I contacted Hond-r and they are asking for...