Search results

1. CW05TEG

Front camber issues

Morning all, I took my Dc5 to a local garage to do a laser realignment yesterday. The steering had been knocked out of line after I bounced it off a kerb at cadwell. The front and rear toe was pretty far out so that was corrected. However the front camber is completely different from left to...
  2. CW05TEG

tailgate lift supports / struts

Afternoon all, Please could somebody point me in the right direction where to buy replacement tailgate lift supports or struts? For a 2005 facelift dc5, although I presume they are the same as pre-facelifted versions. Thanks
  3. CW05TEG

I think my car is cursed...

Hi guys, I'm seriously thinking my car is cursed. First my missus reversed her Jazz into it while I stood screaming out of our living room. Next while the car was parked up over winter, some mortar fell out of the verge on my house and hit the rear quarter panel. The same panel was then...
  4. CW05TEG

Super Teg M

Evening boys and girls, So I just picked up a used Tegiwa M intake from Kurt on these forums, for a bit of a steal in my book. Not to everyones taste I guess but though I'd try it anyway. After a bit of reading up on J. Cals Facebook article on back to back testing of various intakes, he...
  5. CW05TEG

Annoying noises

Evening all, I seem to be going through a phase of suffering from a series of rattles, creaks and knocking noises at the moment. Just wondered if any of you have come across the same thing... 1. High frequency rattle/rasp noise on overrun between 7500rpm down to around 5000rpm. It sounds like...
  6. CW05TEG

2005 dc5 alarm fob

Hi all, So I've had my facelift dc5 for a while now and had always presumed it did not have an alarm fitted as standard. I have to open it via the key on the drivers side door. The passengers side doesn't seem to be linked to the central locking. Not sure if that's normal? Anyway, the other...
  7. CW05TEG

Spoon 2-1 gaskets

Hi Does anybody know if there is anywhere online I can order a new set of gaskets for a spoon 2-1 decat section? Would rather have a new set in my hands before removing the oem cat in case the originals can't be reused. Cheers Chris
  8. CW05TEG

Clear Side repeaters

Hi all, The side repeaters on my FL need replacing as some monkey has broken the clips when they have been removed in the past. I have looked online but can't seem to find some oem replacements, but probably just not looking hard enough! In which case, can anybody point me in the right...
  9. CW05TEG

Advice converting speedo/derestriction

Hi guys, Just after some advice or opinions on what would be the best way forward for my car if possible. My 2005 dc5 is still running in kph as it wasn't converted when it was imported. I've owned it for nearly a year now and I want to get it out on track when the weather improves. Now I...
  10. CW05TEG

Bearing whine which increases with speed

Hi guys, My car has been making a bearing-like whine which seems to be getting more noticeable recently. The noise starts at low speed and sounds like a warbling, imbalanced noise and increases in pitch as the speed increases. It does not seem to be rpm-related as if I dip the clutch at 60mph...
  11. CW05TEG

Returning to the Red H

Hi all, Just thought I'd introduce myself as I recently decided I have some unfinished business and intend to get my hands on a facelift DC5 in the coming weeks. I sold my prefacelift EP3 around 4yrs ago as I landed a job which involved a 30 mile daily commute. I then bought a 2008 BMW 320d...