Search results

1. R

History of this car

Thank you mate Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. R

History of this car

Thought about it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

History of this car

The wife is pregnant mate so needs must I‘m afraid, it‘s a reluctant sale to say the least lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

History of this car

Mines up if you‘re interested mate, it‘s a good one too but more than the one you have been looking at (with good reason though) [emoji1303] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

Potential new DC5 owner

Hi, did you buy one mate? I‘m considering selling mine. It‘s mint, zero rust, 83000 miles, purchased from Torque GT. Preface lift, C pack, new seat bolsters. My email address is randomjiberish@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. R

New DC5 Owner

Welcome. I may know someone who would be interested in the seats if you are thinking of selling them? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

Is my car priced correctly?

Those wheels, are they standard?they appear to have a lip, very subtle differences but just had to physically check my wheels to confirm yours are a little different Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R

New owner with questions!

Mine too mate, lives in garage and never sees the rain. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. R

Awesome. Wow is similar to mine then, mines done 83k. I paid 8.5 from torque GT about 6 months ago. I've put induction kit on but wanted it pretty standard. I even wanted standard springs but I actually love it with the spoon springs on. Plus when I see them standard they do sit quite high. My...
  10. R

Sits just like mine, although mine has spoon springs on standard shockers. The condition looks similar too. What are your headlights like? And without sounding too nosy what's the mileage and how much did you pay? Tell me to piss off of you want. just interested. Thanks Sent from my iPhone...
  11. R

Merc Racing JRSC auto tensioner belt

I've not got a super charger but did have a similar issue with the tensioner. It was down to the belt length. Have a look where the arrow is on the tensioner in relation to the two raised markings. The arrow was way off from the marks on mine. In my case the belt was too long, once I'd fitted...
  12. R

Auxiliary belt length

Fitted the 1705 and annoying noise from the tensioner has gone. Very happy chappy now. Thanks for the input guys Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. R

Annoying vibration from engine

Sorted it peeps!! It had the wrong size alt belt fitted. It was a 1715. I've fitted at 1705 and the noise has gone. Well happy. Thanks for the input guys Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. R

Auxiliary belt length

I'm having this issue at the moment, mine has a 7pk1715 and it's too long causing the tensioner to drum, after some research I've found it should be a 1710 but can't find one in the uk. I've heard people fitting 1705 or 1715 as an alternative but the 15 isn't working for me. Can you guys confirm...
  15. R

Hi mate It's deffo engine area, I've had the manifold cover off as I've had this problem on both my previous EP3's but that didn't work, you can see the tensioner shake as the knocking noise starts. I'm going to take aux belt off and check all pulleys to make sure they are free running properly...
  16. R

Hi Jimmer You seam like the guy that may be able to help me with a vibration. Mine comes if you simply blip the revs whilst the car is stationary, with the bonnet up you can see the aux belt tensioner rattle in time with the noise, so I had this replaced, the issue returned almost immediately...
  17. R

2000rpm rattle

I've already done the driveshaft one as I've had the issue on a previous EP3, also the manifold cover has been off and the noise remained, will check the other 2 heat shields and let you know Many thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. R

2000rpm rattle

Hi guys, I have a similar rattle when under load at very low revs only in 1st and 2nd gear and also when you blip the revs when stationary, I noticed the aux belt tensioner was really noises so had it replaced. It was better for a few days but is now back. I don't know what it is but it's coming...
  19. R

Bendix/pinnion probs are back.

Mine makes a horrific racket from cold, embarrassing to say the least lol. I'm going to strip it one day and try and lube it up. Will let you know if it works [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. R

Torque GT

Yes I agree you see it all to often mate but I wouldn't do that intentionally I just feel it was worth the mention. In no way am I wanting to put people off as such it's more about sharing my experience, I do feel I was maybe unlucky on this occasion and again I do commend how they have dealt...