Search results

1. Y

Underseal/Rust

Hi guys So I was having a look under the car recently and below are 2 photos where what I think is the underseal that was previously applied dropping down and coming away. Underneath is the brown/orange that you can see in the pictures. My first thought was oh no, that's rust... but thinking...
  2. Y

Front arch clips

Hi guys One of the clips on the front arch of the teg is missing and its driving me nuts! I thought I had a spare but it doesn't seem to fit. Does anyone have the specs or even better a link to the correct part? The clip I currently have but doesn't fit is below Cheers
  3. Y

Front arch clips

Hi guys One of the clips on the front arch of the teg is missing and its driving me nuts! I thought I had a spare but it doesn't seem to fit. Does anyone have the specs or even better a link to the correct part? The clip I currently have but doesn't fit is below Cheers
  4. Y

A Couple of strange noises coming from my DC5

Morning all, I am just curious to get your thoughts one a couple of noises coming from my car. I have recently had the clutch replaced and have covered 200 miles since then. 1) there is a slight metallic whirring noise if I hold the revs around 3000rpm in 3rd and 4th gear. At lower revs there...
  5. Y

Clutch/Gearbox noises

Hi guys, I have recently noticed that when my clutch pedal is released there is a noise (sort of like a buzzing or whirring) coming from the car. When the clutch pedal is pressed down then the noise is much less or disappears altogether. My instincts tell me one of the bearings may be worn and...
  6. Y

Paintwork Problems...

Hi all I was wondering if anyone could help me with either of the below. The first one is a bizarre thing where it looks like an insect has penetrated the paintwork and then spiderwebbed out. I fear that the only way to fix this is to sand down and respray it. I just wondered if anyone had...
  7. Y

I need a new shift knob...

Hi guys, So, the OEM knob that came with my car is scratched a hell so I've decided to go for a replacement. However, rather than replace it with another OEM I am looking into aftermarket ones. I like the look of the Skunk2 knob. I think something silver or black, as opposed to the Neo ones...
  8. Y

New insurance policy - agreed valuation?

Hi Guys, So I'm in the process of organising insurance for my car. 26 years old 2 yrs NCB license held for 3.5 years. My car only has a couple of mods - catback exhaust system and some gauges, which I would declare. I have been quoted £799 with Greenlight, which is the best so far. Still...
  9. Y

Joining the DC5 owners club

Hello all, I thought I would introduce myself as I'm new to the forum. So I'm a completely new DC5 owner (or soon to be)! The car arrived in England yesterday from Japan, which is a big moment as the car was actually purchased at auction at the beginning of February. Admittedly, it will be...
  10. Y

New double din head unit - Pioneer MVH-AV290BT

Hello all, I am in the process of deciding on a new double-din unit for my car. I'm importing the car and it has no audio system. As such, it is time to decide on a new unit. My requirements are pretty basic - I don't need a system with CD/DVD capabilities, Sat-Nav or any fancy apps. I have an...