Search results

1. D

My new DC5, TPS issue?

Yes has been calibrated Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

My new DC5, TPS issue?

Hey there I have almost same problem. And it all happened after car was sat for just say over a month while I was waiting for my starter motor to arrive. I have gave it a blast, fitted Acuity TPS but it just dont seem to help. I have a DC manifold and skunk2 catback exhaust system. It‘s also...
  3. D

Car is laggy when put foot down

Hmm strange. What ever u do tho don‘t get the cheap China TPS they fail so quick. Best is genuine Honda if u can locate one as they only usually available with the whole throttle body or go with the Acuity Hall effect TPS u can find online I picked mine up from tegiwa. Sent from my iPhone...
  4. D

It‘s so annoying. I really don‘t know what it could be. I was thinking the cat too but I got a straight through skunk2 system so no cat lol. I change my TPS to a proper Acuity one. Too me it feels like something is blocked n causing it to struggle at low rpm, already cleaned my tegiwa box...
  5. D

I know the feeling mate it could well be the o2 sensor but I haven‘t got round to sourcing one out yet. I bought myself a daily so not been driving the teg much. I thought mine could have been to do with ecu as well? It‘s running piggyback ecu. It‘s annoying because it‘s just happened out the...
  6. D

No worries mate thanks for the input. I have changed tps feels fine now but i don‘t know if it‘s just in my head I think I can feel it sometimes lol cars pulling as normal doesn‘t feel laggy but if I was in 4th put full throttle it feels abit strangled I know they don‘t have torque but it...
  7. D

How did you know it was o2 sensor? Also I wouldn‘t have a clue how to check it lol not really that hands on. Is there a way to also check o2 sensor? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. D

Cheers for the advice mate. Just cleaned my air filter today was quite grimey waiting for it to dry then apply the oil take it for a drive in the afternoon. Got some spark plugs too which will be checked over n fitted if need be. Once these are out the way I will try a tps sensor as typer...
  9. D

Thanks mate. Yeah it still engages in vtec but if you half throttle it when you full throttle the noise is there but can feel trapped power like the cars not moving. I have always used vpower. I might try the fuel cleaner first then just get a set of spark plugs and TPS as well as clean my...
  10. D

Skunk2 Mega power full exhaust. I dunno if it‘s blocked I don‘t know how to check. It‘s on around 130k miles it has good history valve clearances etc done. A local lad told me it could be the TPS? But I‘m no mechanic neither do I know what symptoms the TPS problem has. Sent from my iPhone...
  11. D

Hi guys dunno if this has been covered before. My car wasn‘t driven for a round 3 weeks as I was waiting for my starter motor to arrive got it done at Honda. After getting my car back my car felt abit off I realised later that when I put my foot down full throttle it‘s like it‘s not moving but...
  12. D

Shaking/vibration under acceleration

I doubt it‘s anything to be too concerned about but it‘s better to get checked out. It does sound like wheel balancing you sure none of the weights have come off? It can happen. Also I had same problem on my old Lexus GS300 nobody could figure it out no mechanic in the end after selling the car...
  13. D

Insurance time...

You tried Liverpool Victoria? It‘s best to call some companies direct or give them online reference then they can match or beat it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. D

Clunk noise when breaking at low speed

na this when breaking at low speed if you read up John green explained it well how to make it happen it‘s like when pulling off from stop start traffic there‘s some play somewhere or shims or something but brakes work fine it‘s just annoying quite a few people have had this issue. I‘m sort of...
  15. D

I guess I‘m just gonna leave it for now maybe next time round try another brand, any recommendations? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. D

Yeah that‘s what happens I was just paranoid it could be something else. Are there any pads for dc5 that don‘t do that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. D

It‘s really strange if it the pads because I‘ve never experienced it with any other car. Is it worth taking to a garage to have a look to see if it could be anything else? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. D

Thanks I will have a look n see if that might be the case. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. D

Using brembo pads Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. D

Hi guys. Got a weird problem when breaking at low speed for example pulling off in traffic stop start when I apply the breaks it makes a clunk sound. The discs are fine and the pads are too, car breaking is normal just the clunking sound is annoying. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers Sent...