Search results

1. Mike9000

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

And another has popped up in my suggested videos, new owner. They look good value compared to the recent ‘offer’ my wife received from VW -worked out at just over £11k to borrow a Polo for 4 years:eek:
  2. Mike9000

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

I think the whole car market is crazy right now and I was surprised to see some of the prices recently. DC5's also seem to be all over YouTube, however that is likely to be the searching algorithm responding to my history :rolleyes: I'm keeping mine, I like owning and driving it even though...
  3. Mike9000

Snow

Haha, that looks ace!
  4. Mike9000

1st DC5, owned a PY DC2 years ago

Congratulations, looks good and an awesome prize!! (I've always been suspicious of these competitions after seeing the same person (Murray Storm) pop up on multiple winners across different companies :eek: )
  5. Mike9000

Turbo DC5 - Does anyone know this car

Haha! :D Welcome, sounds like a good rescue.
  6. Mike9000

DC5 video clips

Tegiwa bought one of the old BTCC DC5s...
  7. Mike9000

Buying a daily and garaging the DC5

Congratulations on the house! I have a 2013 Honda CR-V EX (bought used in 2018 @ 21k miles) for the family and wife has a mk7 Golf Match 1.4tsi which we bought new in Feb 2016. Golf has done 56k miles without issue and generally gets treated like dirt. Probably averaged £2k depreciation per...
  8. Mike9000

2020 products to detail the car with?

I’m on the Autoglym Polar snow foam at the moment Through a 12 year old Autobrite (local company here) foam lance. Dwells too long for my liking so I’ll head back to BH which was my go to previously. Normally use Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild shampoo for general washing. LSP either a sealant...
  9. Mike9000

Hybrid Racing Detent Springs

That’s great, thank you!
  10. Mike9000

Cheers guys - I think I'm going to leave the detent springs and keep hold of them in case I end up having the engine mounts replaced. Don't particularly want to mash up any bolts by accident (all looks original from 2001, no wonder its hard going...!) and I've heard about the bolts breaking...
  11. Mike9000

Thinking on I could just remove the mount bracket rather than the mount as well, saw a guide on youtube doing that but it looked like access will be difficult.
  12. Mike9000

Great write up, thanks. Halfway through this job at the moment but can't get the top right bolt on the gearbox loose (I think I just need a breaker extension and the arms of a man) or the bolt that mounts the mount to the body closest to the bulkhead (basically the two top right bolts in step...
  13. Mike9000

Fuel filter change

Nothing noticeable to me but I know it‘s done now so I‘m happy :-)
  14. Mike9000

Fuel filter change

Good guide, used it myself. There‘s a fuel strainer within the pump housing too, need to open the housing up to replace. Edit - should be pics here; http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/48427-mike9000‘s-2001-cw-dc5/?p=488309
  15. Mike9000

Fitting a mugen rear strut brace

Hi, no manual or templates I‘m afraid but I‘ll send some pics over to you.
  16. Mike9000

Fitting a mugen rear strut brace

Really unhelpful but my car came with the panels pre-cut and with the bolts and trim rubber in place. Just without the brace lol. If you need pics just let me know!
  17. Mike9000

Gearbox Solid shifter bushes (Tegiwa in this case)

Good to hear. I have all of the springs, just waiting on the shifter bush. I need to cavity wax the whole rear so I‘ll probably take some time off work to get it all done once the kids are back in school!
  18. Mike9000

**** Great News, Forum saved ****

Haha, I want these wheels soooo bad 🤣
  19. Mike9000

**** Great News, Forum saved ****

Great thanks guys xthumbup
  20. Mike9000

Transmission oil change

I used a hand syphon pump to fill mine. One end in the new oil bottle and the other in the fill hole. Happy days. Same on the DC2 :-)