Search results

1. Vteccin_teg

Whos DC5 was it

Took a spirited drive from brum down to Tetbury way (through the cotswolds) today with my mate in his golf. Seen another DC5, white PFL with a carbon bonnet? Looked well nice. Mines a blue facelift white alloys Have to say the roads were amazing and so was the weather.
  2. Vteccin_teg

Gearstick not returning central

Hi guys, Wondering if someone could help me before wasting an entire day trying to resolve. When moving my gearstick to the left (asif to change to 1st or 2nd) it sticks there and won't spring back). When shifting from 2nd to 3rd if i don't drag the stick in the shape of the H, then it'll...
  3. Vteccin_teg

OEM DECAT

Hi guys, Having some work done on the teg end of the month. I've got mugen twin loop cat back on at the moment. However can't really afford a decat mani with fitting. How much would it cost to have the cat cut out and a pipe welded in roughly, and would it be worth doing without a remap...
  4. Vteccin_teg

Footwell Lighting

I installed a set of footwell lighting back in November but forgot to upload some photos. Below is link to the kit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332734407339 You get 4x 120mm LED strips. As the power supply for them is via 12v socket. Installation: 1: I purchased a female 12v socket and plugged...
  5. Vteccin_teg

Spoon lowering springs or tien coilovers

Hi guys, A quick round of opinions please End of month I'm having some work done to the teg. I'm having suspension parts etc out. Soooo, whilst its out i thought I'd update few things. I'm running mugen showa dampers and springs. I'm on about 78k miles (not km) I'm thinking of either changing...
  6. Vteccin_teg

What a NIIIIIIIIICE steering wheel

Seen this on ebay other day....such a nice wheel. Shame it's like £800 +, and it's an S2000 wheel. Think I might get something similar done to my wheel eventually. Any one on here had a good retrim and could recommend anywhere, and do they/can they flatten the top and bottom of the wheel? Sent...
  7. Vteccin_teg

Wheel spacers

Hi guys I've got facelift teg, with mugen showa dampers and springs. Tyres - 225/45/17 Ive read a few posts and some people are saying 15mm front & rear others say 20mm on both Ideally I'd like 20mm. I MIGHT get spoon springs in future but not deffo. Does anyone have any useful info on what's...
  8. Vteccin_teg

Installing android auto

Hi guys, I'm sure theres a way to do it but just abit unsure of the technical side of things. I have a pioneer sph-da130dab stereo in my teg, it supports apple CarPlay but not android auto (dunno why!?) Didnt realise this before I bought it. The AppRadio mode on the head unit is a pile of T**S...
  9. Vteccin_teg

Transmission oil change

Please see attached a video I found on youtube. This guy is great to learn stuff off. https://youtu.be/x-FMYO2UhM8 I jacked the car up Put a big sheet down (cardboard will do) Put pan underneath gearbox Removed fill bolt (about 6" - 8" above drain bolt) Took drain bolt out Jacked car back...
  10. Vteccin_teg

Polybush suspension / anti roll bar ARB

Does anyone know the bush sizes for the DC5 OEM front and rear ARBs? Buying some new polybushes but I'm finding diffrent sizes? Thanks Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  11. Vteccin_teg

BALL JOINTS/ RCA

Morning fellow VTEC'rs haha. Quick question. My lower ball joints are on way out so was thinking of changing them. I Was going to order via TORQUE GT, so was going to get either the buddyclub or hardrace RCA. (Does anyone ha e any experience or info on these?) I've got oem wheels and mugen...
  12. Vteccin_teg

Dash/Retaining clips and electrical cable

Hi guys n girls, Seen a post this morning about someone losing some dash trim retaining clips. Below is a link for a website I use for work where I acquire all the necessary parts to replace broken clips etc. https://mail.beal.org.uk/automotive/trim-clips.html Order cableties, dash clips...
  13. Vteccin_teg

Hybrid Racing Gear Selector Springs.

Evening guys. Just wanted to say I installed these yesterday. Bit of a b*****d to get it right and had to take apart and put back together about 5 times. But is 100% worth the £20 they cost. Bought via Torque GT...
  14. Vteccin_teg

Coloured silicone pipes/hoses

Hi guys, Wondered if you could help me please. Ive got a facelift vivid blue DC5 and want to colour code the engine bay. I've got the blue tegiwa silicone air intake hose and breather pipe. I've just bought the 2 blue tegiwa radiator hoses going to fit then when servicing car over next few...
  15. Vteccin_teg

Bump steer

Hi guys, wondering if you could help me please. Basically I get bad bump steer. This is my current setup: Mugen showa coilovers Hardrace tie rod ends Everything else is OEM On my last MOT advisory was ball joint boots starting to perish. So the predicament is, do I get raised ball joints like...
  16. Vteccin_teg

Knock noise after replacing tie rod ends

Hi guys, wondering if you could help me please. So before I replaced the tie rod ends there was no knocking noise just a slight rattle almost when going over speed bumps. I've replaced the tie rod ends with hardrace updated ones, which are slightly longer which I had to dremel (cut) down to...
  17. Vteccin_teg

Knock noise after replacing tie rod ends

Hi guys, wondering if you could help me please. So before I replaced the tie rod ends there was no knocking noise just a slight rattle almost when going over speed bumps. I've replaced the tie rod ends with hardrace updated ones, which are slightly longer which I had to dremel (cut) down to...
  18. Vteccin_teg

Perishes bushes/boots

Hi guys. Wondering if you could help me please. On my last MOT, it said i had advisories for the following: Track rod boots starting to perish Bottom ball joint boots starting to perish Bottom outer bushes starting tp perish. Im going to get the suspension fully polybushed soon but where would...
  19. Vteccin_teg

Mugen twin loop B pipe??

Hi guys, hope all are well. I've recently bought my teg via Torque GT. Facelift in vivid blue <3. It's already got a mugen twin loop fitted and I quite like it tbf. Just wondering if anyone knows of a B pipe and header that will marry up to this and if so where could I purchase from? Any useful...
  20. Vteccin_teg

Gruppe M or Tegiwa intake???

Hi all. I'm new to this forum so not sure how it all works so apologies if i get things wrong. I'm still awaiting my dc5 to go through SVA as just arrived from Japan via Torque GT. Got the beauty in vivid blue with blue interior. Just getting the alloys powder coated bright white. Once I...