Search results

1. K

Help! Camber vs Toe

The length of the standard tie-rods will limit the amount of camber you can get without affecting the toe (as you have found out :)) You can shorten them, or even better buy adjustable tie rods, which will allow you to get the alignment you want.
  2. K

Removing dents

I think you can buy hot glue/suction kits, but wouldn't trust myself not to mess it up :D I've used a PDR guy before for other cars and would definitely recommend getting a professional to do it. They usually charge per-panel and prices are very reasonable for the skill involved.
  3. K

Tie Rod Ends Fitment

I currently have OEM ends fitted, but have done some research on this topic in case I need to change anything once the car is back on the road. There's lots of conflicting information on rack raisers/tie rod ends online, but due to the variety of setups, it is highly recommended to measure the...
  4. K

Removing underseal

Wire wheels get it off too. Obviously a lot more aggressive though so would only recommend it if you are planning on repainting the underside.
  5. K

Squealing drivebelt auto-tensioner.

Pretty sure that mark is the wear indicator, so looks like your tensioner is due for replacement.
  6. K

K24z3 dipstick

Not done it myself, but I believe its the k24 block that is taller so you would need the longer k24 dipstick (or an aftermarket one set to the same length).
  7. K

Centre Console Badge?!

I've used Amayama a couple of times for orders of OEM parts. Great service and usually works out slightly cheaper than Honda dealers in the UK, even after shipping, import duty etc. As @24Lemons has said, it looks like they are discontinued, so your best bet might be to find a centre console...
  8. K

Help! Eccentric washer orientation.

The setting where the top of the hub is closest to the chassis will give you the most negative camber. I bought my DC5 with coilovers already on it , so I have a slotted hole rather than camber bolts, but it should be the same concept. Hopefully that helps!
  9. K

Help! Eccentric washer orientation.

These are used to adjust your camber, so it depends on your set-up. I'd set them both the same, then go get an alignment (you'll need one anyway having removed the hub).
  10. K

My dc5 restoration

Welcome! Good luck with the project, looks like a really clean shell. (Really jealous of your lift - currently rebuilding mine too but it's much colder and more difficult on a driveway! Need to find the time to start my own thread too...)