Search results

1. 2

FN2 Gearbox into DC5

As the title says, has anyone tried this or mixed parts? My gearbox is really worn and I'm considering replacing it rather than repairing the box. As you may have guessed the FN2 box is cheaper and easier to find. I know the transmission case is different but how different is it? Are the holes...
  2. 2

Honda MTF for racing

Simple question: Is Honda MTF good enough for racing use?
  3. 2

Clockwise motion oil pressure

Hey all, I'm about to bite the bullet and order a clockwise motion sump baffle but wanted to hear from you guys first. I know lots of guys track with it "with no issues" but does it hold the oil pressure during hard cornering or does the pressure still drop a bit? What is the limit of the...
  4. 2

Help! Camber vs Toe

So surely I'm not the first to encounter this. I've got camber adjustable Ohlins coilovers and I decided to set some camber before an upcoming track day. The secondary effect of the camber was to drastically increase my toe in so much that at 1.5deg camber on the driver's side I ran out of...
  5. 2

Toyo R888R, Bridgestone RE-11S, Federal RSR, Nankang NS2-R, Yoko A0-48

As the title states, these are my options locally: Toyo R888R, Bridgestone RE-11S, Federal RSR, Nankang NS2-R, Yoko A0-48 I want the R888R or A0-48 but for whatever reason they are super expensive here and will cost me about 280usd each in 225/45R17. RE-11S will cost about 180usd and about the...
  6. 2

Type R frank, worth it?

This may have been asked before but I mostly found k24s mated with K20A2 heads rather than the ITR K20A. I have DC5 ITR and started taking it to the track chasing the clock and other cars. The ITR is surprisingly fast especially in the corners even in the hands of a beginner like myself but it...
  7. 2

Power drop

Hi all, I've taken the DC5 to the track and I'm having an odd problem losing power. On my first track day in November I realized I was very low on power and diagnosed that the VTC wasn't working so replaced it and once again had the power I'm used to. I also replaced both the VTC and VTEC...
  8. 2

ABS Code 15

Hi all, I'm new on this forum. I got round to diagnosing my ABS today and got rid of all but one code, code 15. According to the manual this is for a short with the Right Rear ABS sensor. I followed the DTC troubleshooting instructions, made checks for voltage/resistance and it all checked...