Search results

1. T

Hybrid Racing Detent Springs

The service manual says to replace the detent 12mm washers. That is what I did with mine. The service manual also states 22Nm. I choose to replace the steel balls since it wasn't that much extra. page. 480 https://www.redliners.ru/manuals/Acura%20RSX%20(02-03)%20Service%20Manual.pdf
  2. T

Hybrid Racing Detent Springs

I installed these and had no problem with stripping the threads. The service manual says 16lbf-ft or 22Nm. Replacing the sealing washers is needed.
  3. T

Rear exhaust heat shield rattle

Honestly if you remove it it would be very easy to buy a spray can of high temp exhaust spray and coat the area well. You can also use header wrap and wrap the exhaust piping in that area. If you really want a replacement piece source some 1/16" thick aluminum plate and form fit and drill holes...
  4. T

Tegiwa Parcel Shelf

Good link. This parts have been coming up on ebay recently for any member that is just now seeing this.
  5. T

DC5 Cat Failure

Time to get an aftermarket cat. Since you are running a stock ecu, there is no point upgrading to a full race header. The jdm DC5-R header is not a bad option for stock, one of the better oem headers. Would you happen to know anyone selling an extra 01-04 front brake duct kit or just partials...
  6. T

Exhaust Gaskets

Brother I would be quick to transfer all flanges and gaskets to V-Band Clamps. The cost of one SS V-Band clamp is nearly the same as (2qty.) SS flanges, (1qty.) gasket, and bolting hardware. Summit Racing has SS ones for 60% less than Vibrant Performace V-Band clamps, not a nice of quality.
  7. T

Fuel Smell

glad you found the problem
  8. T

Fuel Smell

your gas tank evap vent is there, your good.
  9. T

Workshop Manual

Indeed You are welcome sir. check out my sticky on www.k20a.org I linked you. it short cuts somethings giving accurate TQ specs, PN#'s, and quanity of parts needed for sections of the chassis, body, engine, tranny, etc.
  10. T

Workshop Manual

here is a sticky I wrote to help shortcut certain parts. most of the pN#'s are the same as the K20a: https://www.k20a.org/threads/k20a-k20a2-k20a3-part-make-count-part-number-international-tightening-specs.228057/#post-3330908 Here is a service manual...
  11. T

Workshop Manual

here you go search no more : https://www.redliners.ru/manuals/Acura%20RSX%20(02-03)%20Service%20Manual.pdf
  12. T

OEM retainers with TODA A2 cam and springs

which year chassis do you have? the retainers changed shape and design when they went into the 05-06 years. The retainers are all interchangeable, IMO the 05-06 retainers are stronger.
  13. T

Oil leak help

that is a good find and a weird circumstance.
  14. T

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

DC5's are going up on the USDM market. We kill for DC5 Type R parts hahaha. I am picking up DC5 Brembo front & rear brakes, front rear knuckles, front aluminum control arms, Type R axles, and rear trailing arms with parking brake cables for $1200 US dollars. For me that is a steal and I do not...
  15. T

Best mods to start off with?

brother the best modification you can do is Kpro or some other engine management system. To support the Kpro, you want an intake that draws air from outside the engine bay. Personally, I like the Maxogen line of intakes. Next a decent race header, high-flow cat, and a 3" mid section exhaust...
  16. T

cams or lightweight rpf01's ?

the wheels route involves less work without having to mess with the engine. personally I would do the cams though in the long run it will cost more money to do them correctly. I mean once the car is already rolling the cams will be faster. if you are concerned with lap times go with the wheels.