Search results

1. G

Michelin Ps4 vs RE070

I'm possibly there on 8th June too. Will be first time there but not booked it yet. Looking to go with my mate who has a Euro R and a supercharged S2000. Unsure which one he is planning on taking. Regarding tyres - PS4 for the road. A slightly cheaper alternative which gets you 95% of the...
  2. G

Advise on next stages

I have been at Donington with the Tegiwa and stock exhaust and not had an issue. Will have to search further if the Rm01a and Tegiwa combo is pushing it. Although it surprises me if it is too loud when you hear some of the things blasting around there. Sounds like a very nice build. Doesn't...
  3. G

Advise on next stages

Hi all. Looking for some advise on what to prioritise next with my DC5. Picked it up in May last year, 100% stock and use as a weekend car and absolutely love it. Mileage will only be around 3k a year being 90% road, 10% track. So far all I have done is fitted a Tegiwa intake and that alone has...
  4. G

Sourcing water leaks

I am unaware if I have any leaks as mine is kept in a garage and only brought out each week/fortnight when it is dry, so it is yet to see any rain since I bought in May 2021. However I am interested in some preventative maintenance to stop future headaches. Used to having to seal known problem...
  5. G

Speed Limiter Query

I am 3 hours each way from both of those haha. Being in the Midlands is the worst spot to visit these but could make for a fun drive, especially down to Torque GT. Thanks for the detailed reply. I am not in a rush to do it soon but looking to have it in place from spring time onwards. Having a...
  6. G

Speed Limiter Query

My DC5 is still in km/h and factory limited to the 180km/h. Is it possible to have the limiter removed and still stay in km/h? I assume the needle continues spinning past 180km/h in this case. I have a plug in GPS HUD that gives me the mph readout currently. I quite like the originality of...
  7. G

Getting brake dust off wheels

These photos are from September after an evening at Donington but washing the car again yesterday prompted me to finally post this as this front left wheel is irritating. Does anybody have any tips on getting this brake dust off? First and second picture shows front right wheel before and...
  8. G

DC5 query on data check

Out of interest - I'm guessing the ABA-DC5 is the facelift?
  9. G

DC5 query on data check

Have you had your report back? Does it definitely state it is an LA-DC5 body code? If yours is an ABA-DC5 body code it has a higher range 2300001-
  10. G

DC5 query on data check

I did one on mine and also came up as Type S when first applying for the report but the chassis number definitely confirms it to be a genuine Type R. Seems to be a mistake on their initial find of the car but when the actual report comes it should state Type R. When I first applied for the...
  11. G

Tegiwa Manifold fitment

Have you tried Honda directly? I have only needed them for a couple of items on mine so far but they have managed to get what I need with no problem and a reasonable price.
  12. G

Opinions on this DC5?

Looks like a good example to me and a fair price with a great amuont of history to go with. I would say this is a better buy when you know the full history and maintenance than a fresh import from Japan with the same mileage but no history and paying around £5k more for the privilege. Only...
  13. G

Tegiwa heat shield - yes or no?

This picture is off their install guide
  14. G

Tegiwa heat shield - yes or no?

I have been waiting 6 weeks for Tegiwa's intakes to come back in stock but managed to snag a used intake this week, with silicone pipes and a precut scuttle off Ebay for £300. Bargain when it includes the scuttle and scoop! Tegiwa's loss as I was willing to buy new. Fitted it yesterday and oh...
  15. G

Help with my DC5 Scuttle....

I also have a pre cut scuttle now available. Bought it a few weeks ago and been waiting for the intake to come back in stock all of August and managed to buy a used intake with all the kit off ebay this afternoon and comes with a cut scuttle so now have it spare.
  16. G

Help with my DC5 Scuttle....

What a nightmare! Set up some alerts on Ebay and Facebook as they come up every now and then. I managed to snag a pre cut scuttle off Ebay for £30 posted a couple of weeks ago ready for when my intake arrives. I wanted to keep the original uncut if I ever want to revert back to stock. There is a...
  17. G

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

@PaulDC5 First off I love the i30N. Such an underrated car! I am one of the people willing to pay these silly prices. My criteria was as follows - low mileage (everybody will view this differently, and not neccessarily an issue with these engines), championship white, red interior, C pack...
  18. G

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

Mine has an aftermarket Japanese headunit with no aux or bluetooth (CD/DVD player and hard drive for music) but I use a bluetooth FM transmitter that plugs into the 12v port. Connect your phone to it through bluetooth and tune the radio to the same frequency it is outputting. You can pick them...
  19. G

In Stock - Parcel Shelves!

I too am interested if these do ever come back in stock
  20. G

This is the most expensive I have seen yet...

Without a doubt it is overpriced. I could see a very nice example like this going for the peak that they are currently up for of £16k-£18k but no more. £14k currently gets you a nice example with higher mileage (than the link) and some worthwhile mods but if somebody was dead set on a clean...