Search results

1. G

Advise on next stages

Hi all. Looking for some advise on what to prioritise next with my DC5. Picked it up in May last year, 100% stock and use as a weekend car and absolutely love it. Mileage will only be around 3k a year being 90% road, 10% track. So far all I have done is fitted a Tegiwa intake and that alone has...
  2. G

Speed Limiter Query

My DC5 is still in km/h and factory limited to the 180km/h. Is it possible to have the limiter removed and still stay in km/h? I assume the needle continues spinning past 180km/h in this case. I have a plug in GPS HUD that gives me the mph readout currently. I quite like the originality of...
  3. G

Getting brake dust off wheels

These photos are from September after an evening at Donington but washing the car again yesterday prompted me to finally post this as this front left wheel is irritating. Does anybody have any tips on getting this brake dust off? First and second picture shows front right wheel before and...
  4. G

Tegiwa heat shield - yes or no?

I have been waiting 6 weeks for Tegiwa's intakes to come back in stock but managed to snag a used intake this week, with silicone pipes and a precut scuttle off Ebay for £300. Bargain when it includes the scuttle and scoop! Tegiwa's loss as I was willing to buy new. Fitted it yesterday and oh...
  5. G

This is the most expensive I have seen yet...

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12046494?utm_source=pistonheads&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=saved%20search £27k!! Only seen one hit the £20k's up to now but this is crazy. Very low mileage and completely stock but that is a lot of money. Maybe in a few years but not yet surely? It...
  6. G

Tegiwa rear tow hook fitting

This could be me being completely stupid but how do I fit this rear tow hook from Tegiwa? I assumed it bolted through to something underneath but now that I have it this is obviously not the case. Do you attach it to the tow hook already fitted on the chassis? I think that one bolt goes...
  7. G

New owner with a couple of queries and an introduction

Hello all, Picked up my first Integra DC5 Type R (and first Honda) on Saturday after always wanting one for a while. Unforunately I have bought at peak prices but we are always told they will only continue to go up... It was imported Nov 2019 by DCY Europe and the previous owner wanted it kept...
  8. G

Alarm Advice

Hi all, I should (most definitely will ;)) be collecting my first DC5 Type R (and also first Honda) tomorrow. Cannot wait!! The car only has an immobilser and not an alarm. Adrian Flux will only cover the full invoice value if I have a Thatchcam Cat 1 alarm installed, otherwise it will revert...