Search results

1. badman9

OEM replacement springs, still available?

For me, I'm not so worried about the springs lasting, they should be fine, no rust here really. The bigger issue for me is what to do if the OEM facelift front struts go! There are no new aftermarket or OEM parts that fit. Do you buy used again? Do you rebuild (there are guys who rebuild struts...
  2. badman9

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/275085821176?hash=item400c6484f8:g:eIkAAOSwTtFhz5Ww&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4IzjPNunUS%2B6qS3uaphfyc0N5Trdl658uNFozG25F6sBRQ5X9Y6OvsLspZ7LpC2lIO%2BF6gJvOZtZkope6Wd8AEJsQH6dE2HVV0D2odFgMiEjG4z%2Fhg3lCUK59DMPi5VwSs6oHN0QJ7R7fbA%2BXfQlhqXNkz9FMU21H2TLgP7T9WbY%2BFZlp790Z8dd3aryzd...
  3. badman9

Oh no man, I been to Ireland before, i promise Ireland's roads are better lol. Let me put it like this, if DC5R was my only car, i'd say about 60% of Jamaican would not be possible for me to even drive on. Have a 4wd for the rough stuff. That being said, I regularly hang out in an area called...
  4. badman9

gearbox synchronizer revision part numbers

Thanks Currently in the process of rebuilding my gearbox and looking into OEM vs aftermarket options for sleeves, hubs and synchros. For 1-2 OEM is definitely the cheaper option but somehow for 3-4 mfactory/synchrotech is the cheaper call
  5. badman9

This is mine on stock springs Perfect ride height for the crap roads here in Jamaica
  6. badman9

If I spot anything will send it to you as well. Good luck! What struts are you running right now? If you need to change the rear struts i used the KYB AGX from the ep3 and it works brilliantly for the price.
  7. badman9

Facelift is a direct swap if swapping the entire assembly. The springs themselves are different to pre facelift since they are wound in opposite directions. I often see used springs and struts online for sale. Are you UK based? Shouldnt be that hard to track down i dont think
  8. badman9

My pre-facelift is currently running facelift suspension. That was all I could get used locally to replace the AWFUL coilovers that were on the vehicle.
  9. badman9

gearbox synchronizer revision part numbers

Hi guys, does anyone know the difference between the original part numbers and the revision parts? Any clue as to what honda changed/improved on the synchros, sleeves and hubs? thanks
  10. badman9

Hybrid Racing Gear Selector Springs.

Hi guys, any idea where I can find these upgraded taillight gaskets?
  11. badman9

Dc5 base model vs type R fenders

Good to hear. Was it a type-r specific fender or just the base fender? My understanding is that the type-r fenders are wider/flared. I wonder if the wreck has a front left fender in decent shape. I need one but i cant imagine the cost to send it from anu to kin
  12. badman9

Dc5 base model vs type R fenders

Greetings bredrin. Jamaica here. I might know someone in Anu who can help you out potentially, DM me!
  13. badman9

Carbon (Synchrotech) vs OEM Synchros - What other parts to change while inside the gearbox?

Hi guys, I'm about to take down my gearbox after having some ongoing issues with second gear. I believe the synchros (and possibly the sleeve) are gone. I am trying to decide whether to replace ALL the sychros and if so, carbon synchrotech or genuine Honda. I don't track the car but I do...
  14. badman9

Replacement shifter cables options

Thanks for the reply. I have actually but I was slightly confused about the part numbers. The listed PN for the cables is 54310S6MR02 but amayama is out of stock for these (as is partsouq etc). Amayama suggests 54310S6MR03 as a replacement. It seems to be an updated PN to the same part but I...
  15. badman9

Replacement shifter cables options

Hi everyone. My factory 2004 DC5R shifter cables are not in great shape (and neither are the bushings) and they need replacing. What options do we have here? I am seeing the genuine ones used for anywhere from 250+ USD up, which is a lot for some 20 year old cables which may be just as bad as...
  16. badman9

DC5 Restoration Video

That video is so fantastic. Saw it a few weeks back and it made me smile
  17. badman9

Engine Rattle Noise on Cold Start - Is this VTC Actuator? - What is the Risk?

Hi everyone, I've been noticing this noise on the first start after a few hours. It is never truly a COLD start here in Jamaica, but I use cold start to mean the car has been off for a few hours. The noise / rattle usually lasts about 2-3 seconds. If I turn over the engine for a few with the...
  18. badman9

Do I need a suspension rebuild?

Any update on this? Curious how it worked out for you