Search results

1. badman9

Carbon (Synchrotech) vs OEM Synchros - What other parts to change while inside the gearbox?

Hi guys, I'm about to take down my gearbox after having some ongoing issues with second gear. I believe the synchros (and possibly the sleeve) are gone. I am trying to decide whether to replace ALL the sychros and if so, carbon synchrotech or genuine Honda. I don't track the car but I do...
  2. badman9

Replacement shifter cables options

Hi everyone. My factory 2004 DC5R shifter cables are not in great shape (and neither are the bushings) and they need replacing. What options do we have here? I am seeing the genuine ones used for anywhere from 250+ USD up, which is a lot for some 20 year old cables which may be just as bad as...
  3. badman9

Engine Rattle Noise on Cold Start - Is this VTC Actuator? - What is the Risk?

Hi everyone, I've been noticing this noise on the first start after a few hours. It is never truly a COLD start here in Jamaica, but I use cold start to mean the car has been off for a few hours. The noise / rattle usually lasts about 2-3 seconds. If I turn over the engine for a few with the...
  4. badman9

Adding a resonator to the first part of the midpipe / b-pipe? Can it fit? - My exhaust rebuild thread

Hi everyone, I'm still in the process of restoring my DC5R. Currently trying to quieten down the ridiculously loud exhaust. For context, i got the vehicle with mismatched exhaust parts, some 3", some 2.5" etc. The muffler itself is a vibrant 2.5" unit that is in good shape and a clean...
  5. badman9

Just bought facelift OEM springs+struts/shocks - Was I conned/robbed? - Need advice!

Hi everyone, I bought my 2004 (pre-facelift) DC5 type-R here in Jamaica a few months ago. It currently has some leaky eBay coilovers on it, and I've been on the hunt to try to get the OEM suspension setup locally for months. I know it is sold online, but the cost of importing it via sea isn't...
  6. badman9

Different clutch part numbers: 22200-PRC-003 vs 22200-RBC-003

Hi everyone, Just picked up an 04 DC5R project car a few weeks(champ white, c pack, red interior, the dream combo for me). Clutch is slipping like crazy though, and I plan to pull it to take a look to see what is really going on, but essentially preparing to have to replace the clutch. I am...