Search results

1. D

Pre and post cat lambda sensor

If the sensors have been swapped then the pre sensor will be measuring the O2 content post cat as opposed to pre cat. This is obviously not correct and should be installed pre cat to get a correct measurement. It’s also best to test the emissions with the cat being hot. Take it for a good blast...
  2. D

Pre and post cat lambda sensor

They are different. The pre sensor is a heated wideband sensor and is used to control the fuel trims. The post sensor is a basic type and its only job is to check that the cat is functioning. If the pre sensor is faulty it should throw an EML. Torque GT sell the sensor, it’s a Denso item.
  3. D

Facelift DC5 ABS Sensor - Minefield!

You had a look on Amayama?
  4. D

OEM engine mount part numbers

Rear engine mount, 50810-S6M-003 If you haven’t already discovered it, Amayama.com is the best place to get part numbers and indeed parts.
  5. D

Start up noise and wet rear carpet

The start up noise is common to most K20 engined cars, and although sounds ‘bad’ it doesn’t cause any issues. As you said its the starter motor staying engaged for a second or so too long. Happens on most cold starts. These cars are known to leak from a few areas. The main one is the rear light...
  6. D

INTAKE

Is your car Right Hand Drive?
  7. D

DC5 Starter motor cleaning removal

If it’s the common sneeze issue its just the starter motor staying engaged for a second after the cars started. The majority of K20 engine cars do it when it’s cold particularly on the first start of the day. Back in the day Honda replaced some starter motors under warranty until they realised...
  8. D

DC5 Starter motor cleaning removal

Most of them do it. Nothing to worry about
  9. D

Anyone know this DC5?

Agreed. Whoever's bought it better hope the EML is a simple and cheap fix as its a £15k car in reality.
  10. D

Anyone know this DC5?

A DC5 with that mileage in good condition with good history would be worth about £15k. I thought it was cheap when I seen it up for £13k. It is possible that the seller needs to get rid sharpish hence why it’s gone to auction. There’s not much to go wrong on these really. Check what you can...
  11. D

Anyone know this DC5?

Pretty sure this was on Ebay for a Buy It Now of £12,995 last month
  12. D

ST225 to dc5

VTEC comes in at 5800rpm and disengages at 5600rpm. As others have said it looks like 6000rpm on the gauge.
  13. D

ST225 to dc5

Also worth mentioning is that it’s unlikely these cars will depreciate and if they do it won’t be by much, so even though they are expensive for what they are, chances are you’ll get your money back if looked after.
  14. D

ST225 to dc5

^^^ As above, they are not £15k cars. However if you want one that’s decent that’s what you will have to pay. I looked on and off for a good year and ended up buying one 500 miles away for £15k ironically enough.
  15. D

ST225 to dc5

It’ll take a while to find a good one unless you are lucky. There’s a lot of rust buckets out there, and dreamers trying to sell them! Be prepared for lots of travelling and lots of disappointment. Sellers are generally not to be trusted, including traders. The best cars gor sale are normally...
  16. D

ST225 to dc5

I purchased a DC5 a few months ago, and its a summer weekend toy. I drove it 500 miles home on the day I bought it in relative comfort, it has Bilstein coilovers. I would say the DC5 is perfectly fine on Motorways, Dual Carriageways and Back roads. Where it struggles is around the streets due...
  17. D

K20a Octane Queries

I would imagine a DC5 would be quite a rare car in Canada?
  18. D

Help identifying side skirts

Looks like they are on backwards
  19. D

How Many Left?

Yes, Trend will be similar but the overall number is unknown. I was reading somewhere that only around 12,500 were originally sold in Japan, three quarters of these in the first 2 years of production 2001 and 2002.