Search results

1. U

ST225 to dc5

Hi vtec Paul, thanks for your input mate. It’d be my weekend toy doing very little mileage, my daily’s a transit and the family cars a kuga. And totally agree that I need to drive one first. And you couldn’t be more right about how common the focus is and how rare the dc5’s are, I’ve never...
  2. U

ST225 to dc5

Only the 12 teams The fella I work for, his son in the btcc, I had the opportunity to go to testing at brands before this season started, was quality, one of his mechanics owns scc performance so I was chewing his ear off abit, he was probably relieved when I left. Ah mate the roads in my area...
  3. U

ST225 to dc5

I’m not on Facebook danr19, but I’m sure I can get log in details off a mate to go on there and be nosey, cheers mate I had my car set up at Matt roach motorsport Carl, I went for a fast road set up and got it corner weighted, made a massive difference, I went from doing a day at brands...
  4. U

ST225 to dc5

Cheers Carl, appreciate that mate. Would love to see some of your dc5 track videos, are they on YouTube? To be honest I’d imagine a dc5 may not be as quick in a straight line, but as it’s lighter I’m sure it’ll handle better and probably carry more corner speed, personally I like being quick...
  5. U

ST225 to dc5

Cheers danr19 and again thanks de4no for your opinions. To be honest, I think I’d be looking at one that’ll need a little work doing to it if I was to buy one, a project, because as you guys say they are fetching good money and I just couldn’t justify that to the mrs. As for keeping on top of...
  6. U

ST225 to dc5

I did cadwell on Thursday and with the drive up there from Essex, a day off work (self employed), fuel and the trackday it self it cost me just shy of £500! Think I’ll just do a couple of evenings now at snetterton before the year ends as I can do that for less than half of what cadwell cost me...
  7. U

ST225 to dc5

Thanks fellas, appreciate all your in put. I’ve read and seen on people’s video reviews of the dc5 that they are a great car, but not worth the money they are up for especially as for not much more your in Evo 6 territory, and for far less you can pick up an ep3. The sensible thing would be to...
  8. U

ST225 to dc5

I’m in no rush what so ever, I’ll just take my time and see what comes available, I’ll keep my eyes out for any s2000’s that come up local too as I still like the look of them. I’ve booked Germany for October so wouldn’t bother me if it’s until after that to be honest, probably get another...
  9. U

ST225 to dc5

Cheers for that DE4NO. Like all cars then I suppose it depends on what suspension components your running. My r53 on standard suspension, lowering springs or coilovers felt harsh and crashy on the roads but great on track with either of those 3. The focus on the lowering springs was comfy...
  10. U

ST225 to dc5

Thanks for replying fellas. So it’d just be a hobby car really, I do 4-5 trackdays a year and usually a weekend road trip somewhere, my daily is a van and we have a family car, the focus was the wife’s and the family car for best part of 7 years but now kids are older we needed a more door so I...
  11. U

ST225 to dc5

Hi there Hope all is well in the dc5 community. So I’m contemplating buying a dc5, I’ve never owned or drove or even been in a Honda of any kind in my 23 years of driving, other then a s2000 briefly last year, it was only a short test drive and I was left a little underwhelmed to be honest...