0-60 time

Basher

Has anybody got any idea of this as the web site doesn't state it?

Personally timed readings don't really count for much due to speedo errors and reaction times, road conditions etc. but does anybody know the manufacturer's stated time?

Dave

ricardoqld

0-60 ?

I asked a couple of dealers and they said Honda didn't officially publish these kind of stats anymore (top speed as well). Something to do with promoting an image of safety. I did find some figures on a US web site for both 0-60 and top speed. You'll find it all on the web if you go looking. Though I suggest you keep in mind subtle differences in the engine spec's between type R's sold in different countries. If I remember correctly the fully OEM type R was about 0.2 s slower over 0-60 than the latest OEM WRX (which is turbo charged of course). Which I was pretty happy with !

Cheers
Rick

Basher

Some translation of technical spec

Yes it does appear to say that for the i-vtec and 6.3 for the vtec which I presume is the type S.

This courtesey of Alta Vista's BabelFish

Integra TYPE R is the same 2 liter DOHC i-VTEC engine as the iS model, but the part which relates to output improvement has become most private designs. Especially, the cylinder head may call completely the private design, probably will be. Among those we would like to observing casting of the port. Raising inhalation and exhalation of air efficiency, with TYPE R which aims for output improvement, in order compared to for inhalation and exhalation of air to flow smoothly, you design form. Not only that, producing the port which is connected to direct in the piston, with the mold which used the sand which is smaller than the normality. Because of this the metal surface becomes smoother, it meaning that resistance decreases also inhalation and exhalation of air, does

I think "observing casting of the port" means gas flowed ports

Other text states that the 2 litre engine is 10KG lighter than the old 1.8 engine and has something special about the cam belt. It has oval pistons and a high skirt (whatever that means - mini skirt?). Apparently the conrods and pistons are also made of some light wieght composite due to the high speed engine.

It also mentions the flywheel which makes the engine so rev happy - "(the CrMo steel) make are the super lightweight flywheel."

Lightwieght parts make for responsive driving - "Because you can hold down inertial mass markedly, it meaning that the シャキシャキ impression of the engine improves markedly, it does. Especially when inserting to with the heel & the gate, when the response feeling is good, it is thing" - I think thats Heal and Toe driving - i.e. short shift style race driving.

It also mentions the multiple cone gear shift and lack of vibration and something to do with the way the oil in the gear box is circulated that reduces losses there.

I have no idea what they mean in the top right with "It's a machine FF real sports". Perhaps they mean't FFS!

Basher

The last post was a test from Driven magazine. There is also a test from Autocar. What do these people know anyway. We know a lot more cos we live with the car. Always nice to read the good stuff though and call them nancies for the bad stuff.

http://www.warrender.co.uk/test0012.htm

Warrender will get you a new one for £23,500

I thought mine was expensive at £17.5k!

Feel quite chuffed now.