06 Dc5 track build

stu69er

I'm building a Dc5 for the track. I was asking for some help on different topics and a guy said I should do a build thread. So here goes. Good way for me to keep track of progress and any one interested to keep watch.

The car is a 06 integra. So far I have the interior stripped
Full roll cage
White line Real sway bar
Rear camber control arms
Yellow speed coilovers
Area motorsport Sperical track rod ends
Rota wheels
Starter control panel
Pbs brake pads
Hondata air box mod
Air con delete

Spent most of the wend getting the control panel ready. I ordered some carbon plastic of ebay and cut it down to size where the radio sits. Using some 2.5mm guage wire I set out getting the push start button working. I have put in an Fia kill switch, and got It going first try. Time consuming getting the panel to fit right anf wiring it for the frist time.

Things coming up next, full 3in exhaust, full dash removal, interior painting, plumber in fire extinguisher. Geometry set up. Bonnet boot pins, final drive m factory, hondata ecu, mapping.

Hopefully this thread might be of some help to both, me as I maybe hit a hurdle and others in the same situation.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Looking good! I‘m also getting mine ready for track but taking a different route to you. Want to get the minimum done (brake fluid etc) then see how it does. Then change a bit at a time and see whether it makes a difference.

I also want to preserve its street ability and therefore interior. I‘d only strip something out like you have with kill switches if it was going to be a race car (which I‘ve done before!)

Yellow speed seem popular for the tegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
rsmithinfo said:
Looking good! I‘m also getting mine ready for track but taking a different route to you. Want to get the minimum done (brake fluid etc) then see how it does. Then change a bit at a time and see whether it makes a difference.

I also want to preserve its street ability and therefore interior. I‘d only strip something out like you have with kill switches if it was going to be a race car (which I‘ve done before!)

Yellow speed seem popular for the tegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have a look through my build as I‘ve basically done what you‘re doing and also my suspension review thread as it shows you all the setups I‘ve run with in details pros and cons etc

stu69er

That is the control panel fitted for ignition and acc etc. Was fiddley bit of work. Still need the key near the transponder to start, but getting the ecu hondata and should be able to do away with that then using imobliser disable. Still have to fit external pull cable for kill switch. Have wiper switch and fog light still to put on that panel as well.

stu69er

The fog light is easy just a rocker switch will do. The wiper is bit more complicated. The easiest was to do it is have a switched live feed and by alternating the negative to earth changes the speeds. A high current 3way rocker switch might do. Still trying to find out what amps the wiper needs of any one knows.

20Drift

Members
Staff member
stu69er said:
The fog light is easy just a rocker switch will do. The wiper is bit more complicated. The easiest was to do it is have a switched live feed and by alternating the negative to earth changes the speeds. A high current 3way rocker switch might do. Still trying to find out what amps the wiper needs of any one knows.

I'm pretty sure on the Civic Type R the front wipers are a 20A fuse on the interior fuse box, so would imagine it's the same on these

stu69er

OK guys wee update. Got the car to my first race it went ok. Under power alot compared to some of the cars in the race like a k24dc2 it was a machine around the circuit, the dc2 was about 1.01 a lap and I was around 1.08 a lap.

I am having an issue with eh back end bouncing or bunny hoping wen taking a corner and sends the whole car shaking so to speak. I have the front dampers at med and the rear also. I then tried the rear at full soft and it didn't help. Does any one know if this is caused by to soft or to hard suspension. Also have a white line arb set on softest setting still have another hole to move on it to make it stiffer. Any advise?

stu69er

Some pics

Attachments

SamDC5

Advanced Member
OK guys wee update. Got the car to my first race it went ok. Under power alot compared to some of the cars in the race like a k24dc2 it was a machine around the circuit, the dc2 was about 1.01 a lap and I was around 1.08 a lap.

I am having an issue with eh back end bouncing or bunny hoping wen taking a corner and sends the whole car shaking so to speak. I have the front dampers at med and the rear also. I then tried the rear at full soft and it didn't help. Does any one know if this is caused by to soft or to hard suspension. Also have a white line arb set on softest setting still have another hole to move on it to make it stiffer. Any advise?
I would try stiffening the rear more, what spring rates and what tyres are you using? Car looks great by the way.

What series are you competing in?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

stu69er

That race was the kirkistown 500 club. Tyres are kumho full slick medium compound. Spring rates are just the yellow speeds 8kg set at the recommended tension, hand tighten the spring then use the tool as spacing which is I think 4mm used to tighten the spring up and lock not off.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
That race was the kirkistown 500 club. Tyres are kumho full slick medium compound. Spring rates are just the yellow speeds 8kg set at the recommended tension, hand tighten the spring then use the tool as spacing which is I think 4mm used to tighten the spring up and lock not off.
I think those spring rates maybe a little soft for use with full slicks?

I'd definitely stiffen the whole car up using the dampers and see how it feels.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited: