17cm Alpine SPG In rear

JamesL

Advanced Member
I can confirm WITH some Dremel shaving of the SPEAKER plastic surrounding these will fit in the back

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I'm going to upgrade mine soon. Doesn't sound like I've got any speakers in back when I try fading it on my head unit. Before I take everything apart, is there wiring already ran for the speakers and where is it located?
Did you need to fit any adaptors or literally just shaved sides of speaker and pushed it in?
Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
I'm going to upgrade mine soon. Doesn't sound like I've got any speakers in back when I try fading it on my head unit. Before I take everything apart, is there wiring already ran for the speakers and where is it located?
Did you need to fit any adaptors or literally just shaved sides of speaker and pushed it in?
Thankyou

Someone might have taken them out for better SQ. As long as they didn't chop them their should be a cable in there. You might need to chop the conne tor and put spaded on if it's still oem.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Someone might have taken them out for better SQ. As long as they didn't chop them their should be a cable in there. You might need to chop the conne tor and put spaded on if it's still oem.

Cheers mate, what about fitment. Shave side of speaker and blast a few screws in?
If its 17cm obv lol

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
Cheers mate, what about fitment. Shave side of speaker and blast a few screws in?
If its 17cm obv lol

Couldn't comment on that, I've taken mine out for better SQ. Theres very little benefit to a 5mm increase though, frequency responses will be the same, so I'd just just put a 165 in there.