2004 DC5 Facelift?

T666YPR

Ahhh! I can feel the knife twisting as the blade goes in a bit deeper! :shock: Looks like my brand new DC5 arrives in a couple of weeks so I'll have the newest old shape!!Please don't show me any pics of how my car could've looked. :cry: Ah well! :)

Caroline

Oh, no please dont tell me there bringing out a facelift. I like the way it looks and I dont want a dated car :cry: :cry: :cry:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
It's is due a facelift :idea:

Think about :!: :!: The DC5 was launched at around the same time as the Civic, which has recently undergone a facelift. Both cars are in the mid point / cycle model run, so it will happen I am afraid :shock:

The Civic and Integra range is due a total change for model year 06 anyway, its like all cars, things change and are improved :!:

Mike

JT

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the current look but i suppose it's due. I'm actually looking for a used one and then I heard that brochures were circulating around Japan confirming the release date of the facelifted ITR sometime in Jul. Aparently, major facelift to front and back. Been looking around for the pictures but can't seem to find it :( If i hate the facelift, I'd go ahead and get the current one. If I like it, I'll just get it brand new :D There's a HUGE difference in price between used and new but you know what they say... you only live once.

NZITR

Advanced Member
Newer isn't always better from a style point of view. Personally I much prefer the look of the STI V7 and EVO 7 to the newer versions of those cars. But who knows it may be stunning.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
I know where you're avatar came from Mike but how the hell did you get it compressed enough to meet forum regulations :?: :? Or is this yet another abuse of your contacts :?: :wink:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
LicklePaulie said:
I know where you're avatar came from Mike but how the hell did you get it compressed enough to meet forum regulations :?: :? Or is this yet another abuse of your contacts :?: :wink:
What you mean Paul :? :?

It's not hosted by the forum, yes I have nicked it from else where, had to be done though :) :D :lol:

Mike

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
I hate it!

I have only seen pics in the mag Best Car here in Japan. The front headlights and fenders are different. The front headlights kind of go along the lines of the Celica, not quite the same drastic swoop back up the hood line, but sort of. They are flat across the bottom, don't have the 2 semi-circles any longer. The rear lights also different, as is the rear wing. It is a double pane type. REALLY REALLY ugly to my eyes. The front bumper also somewhat different as there is no cutout for airflow into the engine bay as the current front bumper/grill area. Wheels are also different. Now the really BIG change according to the article, the manual transmission will be a 2 pedal setup. Yes accelerator and brake. It is not an automatic in any means, just don't have a clutch pedal. Something new from Honda. Full throttle shifts, it seems from the article it will still maintain the same gate pattern for the six speed. Kind of freaky and weird if this is the case. Sorry I don't have any pics and I don't think any are on the net as of yet. Maybe tomorrow I can go buy the mag and scan the pics.

Chris

JDMCTR

Re: I hate it!

Interesting.. sounds like some people at Honda have been playing too many Arcade driving game :lol:

Now if only Asahiya Shoten hadn't just closed down...I would certainly have bought that issue of Best Car and scanned it :(