225/45/17 yoko AD08 request

mike.williams

Advanced Member
hi

if someone has this setup

could i ask you to measure the width of the tyre across the tread? and possibly show a picture of the height of the sidewall?

i want to change my tyre sizes. i would like to go with ad08 again but cant decide whether to choose the bridgestone re002 as a cheaper alternative road tyre

some tyres run wide for their sizes and thats what im after

thanks
mike

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have RE002 215 45 17.
They are pretty good. Long lasting and lots of grip.
But wouldnt probably have them again

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I have RE002 215 45 17.
cheers for that.

i am swaying more towards the ad08 at the moment

Bikerz

Shortstuff said:
I have RE002 215 45 17.
Why wouldn't you have again after saying how good they are? (not a dig, serious question buddy)

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Bikerz said:
Why wouldn't you have again after saying how good they are? (not a dig, serious question buddy)
When I bought them in the Summer and started using them I rated them quite well.
They werent ace, but for the price I could not complain.

However out of the 4 different types I have had on the Teg, they are the 3rd worse in bad conditions. I drive sensible in the conditions but find compared to Good Year Eagle F1s, they are not as grippy in the rain.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
They are a track orientated tyre though so surely that's to be expected. Can't really compare winter performance of a tyre like that to an F1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wj51fut

Advanced Member
The AD08's are a very square tyre (if you know what I mean) which is great for grip across the tread pattern. I have them on mine and cannot fault them in all weathers.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I have ad08's now.

I want more sidewall so thinking of stepping up to a 225/45 on the rear and stepping down on the front.

Really been considering re070 now. Look great, great road performance and cheap as cheaps

Brophy

Advanced Member
Really been considering re070 now. Look great, great road performance and cheap as cheaps

I've recently just changed to the re070 and love them nice chunky sidewalls and as you say great price for them ;) got mines from funky tyres :)

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
I've recently just changed to the re070 and love them nice chunky sidewalls and as you say great price for them ;) got mines from funky tyres :)
changed to re070 from what tire mate?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
ata-cid='339422' name='hondazzz' timestamp='1385853378' post='339422']

Changed from federal rsr's :) which in fairness were great in the dry but in the wet not so much.

They're very chunky too would say the 215/45 federal's are as chunky as the Bridgestone's 225/45.
cheers mate, i might go for the federals in 225/45 then if they run wide