360 steering wheels

ITRNETWKZ

Hello folks, hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

So the wife recently treated me to a 360 for my wedding anniversary. I have Forza 2 and Sega rally. My question is, are these steering wheels you can get actually worth the money, and if so - whats the best one to go for? Should you also get the foot pedals as well?
I always thought they would be really gimmicky.

any input much appreciated!

mikegsi

Staff member
when pgr4 first came out i bought the pack with the official steering wheel, i sold it shortly after.

just couldnt get used to it and preferred using the hand held controller

iPicaso

yeah they are worth it. but not for any arcade racers. for forza you can go anywhere between .200 and 1.000 secs faster per lap. get the microsoft one. should be good for race driver pro too.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
got wheels for both PS3 and xbox 360... great for games like gran turismo, forza and race pro but not that good for games like burnout and pgr...

got the microsoft wheel for the xbox and its the only one to go for unless you want to pre-order the new Fanatec wheel.
expensive but works on xbox,ps3 and PC

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en

ITRNETWKZ

Ok I've went and bought the Microsoft 360 Wireless one - I have to say it has breathed new life into my Forza career.
Well worth the 70 bucks.
Not so good on sega rally in line with what you guys are saying above.
The force feedback is really powerfull - my coffee table isnt strong enough to hold it down! When you activate the in-car view it really does feel like your driving a real car.
Well impressed though so thanks for input.

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
I have a logitech G25 for my PS3/GT5, it is really, really good.

Problem is the o/h doesnt like me setting it up in the front room so has only been used a handful of times. :twisted:

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member