4 Recaro's in the car

p1tse

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
break your back getting them in and out.. lol
i'm not particular tall and can actually stand in the back and plug them in lol
Beppe, to be honest the family car is the complete opposite to this ;)

also i've noticed it doesn't have the transmission tunnel or anything else like air vents you have on most cars in the middle, which makes standing in the back easier

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
break your back getting them in and out.. lol
I find you have to kneel into the rear foot-well and its no problem buckling them up. Then its just a matter of getting your self out again!

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
What are recaro baby seats like as im looking to buy one for my little girl who is nearly one year old?

Rom

Advanced Member
Once they are older, they get themselves in and out.
My little girl is 3, gets her arms in the straps, pretty, puts the 2 piece buckle together, and just needs me to lock that into the crotch buckle ( you have to hold all 3 bits so bit fiddly)
To get out, i lean round, and just release the buckle.

I can imagine this being a lot worse with a new born lol.

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Once they are older, they get themselves in and out.
My little girl is 3, gets her arms in the straps, pretty, puts the 2 piece buckle together, and just needs me to lock that into the crotch buckle ( you have to hold all 3 bits so bit fiddly)
To get out, i lean round, and just release the buckle.

I can imagine this being a lot worse with a new born lol.
Getting a newborn in and out was easy with the ISOFIX. I'd even say easier than my Accord. It's more of a challenge now mines a bit of a heffer but still not a huge issue. I don't even have to climb in.

p1tse

Advanced Member
linh-ej9 said:
What are recaro baby seats like as im looking to buy one for my little girl who is nearly one year old?
I'm not going to say they are good or bad, as so much option out there
I would say design maybe a bit older now as I've had mine a number of years and haven't seen much change over the years
Depending which you get but the young sport plus with the harness one I have is big, bulky and heavy. Is that good or bad I'm not sure

One reason I got it was that at the time it had more side head cushioning compared to others

integraleo

Advanced Member
My boy is 5 now and when he was born I had dc2, then when he was about 1 got the dc5,never saw it as an issue getting him in and out the car. Now he's older having big boot means I can fit his bike,scooter in no problem to take him park or wherever. Think they make great family car. Would have an fd2 instead if funds allowed but dc5 is fine for me and my son.

FireDance

Advanced Member
mine are older now, they think it is great me running them round in the DC5. They do prefer the back of the DC5 to that of the EP3.

Personally I would not of had the DC5 when they were little, I would have broken my back, especially as the seats do not slide automatically!

Parry

Advanced Member
I think the dc5 is a great family car.
I got my boy a Recaro young sport as soon as he was old enough and had a graco travel system before and he loves it in the back and don't find it a problem at all. And the boot space has loads of room even more then the sensible Nissan note!

badman9

I'm really excited to find this thread! Have 3 months or so to figure out how my child is going to fit in my dc5r lol. Do you guys have any experience or recommendations for rear-facing seats that will fit in the back as well?

Thanks