Yellow Boxes/Blue Line = Stock +Filter +Twin Loop +2:1 DeCat +Throttle Body
Green Boxes/Red Line(light blue for fuel graph) = Above +5Zigen Intake

Torque & Power Graph

Torque & Fuel Graph

The Major One:

Air Intake Temp Graph

YeeHar :D

A fine showing for the 5Zigen
Notice how the air intake temp has dramatically stabilized,and dropped.
Bearing in mind the outside air temp when TB was dyno'd was slightly cooler than today.
The 5zigen has directly channeled the air from the fans and is certainly less affected by the warm air swirls under the bonnet from previous runs.
I don't think the 5Zigen added around 6.5hp,rather it's probably helping the TB(especially after that lost so much previously)
Seems the 5Zigen in combo with the Spoon filter is a good option and works out to approx £325. :D
Not bad
Simon

NZITR

Advanced Member
Thank you Simon!

This is the test I have been waiting to see and good proof that the 5Zigen intake lowers intake temp without restricting flow.

Are you going to try removing the Spoon t/b to see what effect that has? Interestingly a major tuner I know in Hong Kong just raves about the Spoon t/b on DC5 and EP3R but your results are in conflict with that.

Keep up the good work.

David.

ps2london

Advanced Member
i got the same kit off John, will put them on next week with the Mugen Airbox at the same time. Hope this will make the mugen airbox work better without using the Mugen bumper.

T666YPR

Hi David,
Thanks for your support :D
Can't understand the TB results myself.
Hope that it comes to fruition when the ECU gets remapped.
Thinking of trying the oem TB again just so I can be doubly sure.

Hi Franz,
Am very interested to see results of intake and Mugen (fingers x'd they're good)
Glad to see Jon managed to move the 5 on too.
Good luck with the fitting as it's very tricky fitting the bolts and involves removing a lot of bits first.Get a friend to help and should be a bit easier :D
Simon

Once again this late night post appears courtesy of Mr. Smirnoff :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
I'm glad my 5Ziggy has gone to a good home. It should perform well throught the Mugen.

I just need to flog the Spoon drop-in now. I wonder if this works better in a Mugen box?

Jon

Trung

Advanced Member
Very interesting results. :)
Have you tried the Hondata airbox mod?
It should give you a few hp without any cost. :)

T666YPR

Hi Trung,
Where can I find info regarding the Hondata mod?
Always worth checking if little £
Thanks
Simon

T666YPR

Thanks Trung,
Makes sense,though it's not something that's easily changed back again.
Anybody tried it yet?
I'll have to be wearing my "extra brave head" to attempt it.
Unfortunately I have got the tools and this Sunday might find I have too much time on my hands and itchy modding fingers :wink:

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
ps2london said:
i got the same kit off John, will put them on next week with the Mugen Airbox at the same time. Hope this will make the mugen airbox work better without using the Mugen bumper.
So, does this mean that you've got a feed to your Mugen Airbox Scoop?
I was going to make one up, but between one thing and another, I haven't had much spare time. Some info on what you r talking about would be appreciated. :idea:

TegTypeR

Advanced Member
does the 5Zigen:Carbon Air Intake replace all of your front grill ?? i quite like the grill as it is but hey if it gives good results !!! :wink:

NZITR

Advanced Member
Do the instructions say to leave the mesh grill in place as per your pics?

I would have thought it should be left off to improve flow as per how the 5zigen race car is setup. The problem isn't with the mesh part but the solid top part that attaches to the radiator support. As it runs quite close to the radiator it may impact on air flow to the intake.

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
That looks good........hmmmm brain whirring into action.....Credit Card diving for cover.... :lol:

I'm presuming it just mates with the standard air intake in place of the scoop?

T666YPR

Teg,
The carbon scoop fits flush to the back of the original grill and does not replace it.

NZ,
Instructions are all in Japanese on a sheet of photocopied A4 with v.poor pictures.They don't show the removal of the mesh but I would say that there shouldn't be a problem if you decided to take it off.
(As regards rain etc,there are drain holes in both the bottom of the scoop and the recess in the bottom of the box.)

Andy,
The standard intake scoop(the plastic funnel at 90 degrees) is removed and replaced by the carbon box

Hope this helps :D
Simon