5Zigen Miracle Fireball catback

EthanTEG

Hi all, anyone had any experience with this exhaust? Specifically want to know how loud it is as I don’t want anything excessively loud, so how loud is it compared to say a Fujitsubo RM-01A or a Kakimoto Regu 06&R? Love how the 5Zigen looks and I like the tone of the sound it makes, it’s just very hard to judge how loud it is from videos. Thanks in advance :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The Fujitsubo RM-01A is the best all round system of the bunch, best overall for power gains, noise on tick over being closer to oem but lovely on throttle
Kakimoto Regu 06&R is no longer as well made as they used to be but have a very nice distinct tone
From memory, been a while since I have heard the 5Zigen, but I recall it being slightly louder than the above two on tick over and slightly raspier on throttle

EthanTEG

The Fujitsubo RM-01A is the best all round system of the bunch, best overall for power gains, noise on tick over being closer to oem but lovely on throttle
Kakimoto Regu 06&R is no longer as well made as they used to be but have a very nice distinct tone
From memory, been a while since I have heard the 5Zigen, but I recall it being slightly louder than the above two on tick over and slightly raspier on throttle
Thanks for the info, I’ve heard nothing but great things about the RM-01A so it might just be the exhaust which is best suited for me. The Regu seems to be another forum favourite but if it isn’t as well made I’d rather go for the RM-01A. Just curious to hear what people have to say about the Miracle Fireball as I really like how it looks but very few people on here seem to have experienced one

EthanTEG

The RM-01A seems like a great system, my only concern is that apparently the b-pipe hangs quite low, which might be problematic as my car will soon be lowered 25mm on Spoon springs. I’m also now considering the Toda straight tip as that supposedly sits higher and has a lovely tone. My worry with the Toda though is that apparently the baffles are prone to going, which isn’t ideal given how much it costs. I have the same worry with the Regu. The Spoon street tail silencer + Spoon b-pipe sounds like a good option, but I’ve heard very little about what the street is like as most people seem to pick the N1 over the street which is way too loud for me. I’m struggling to find pictures of the Spoon street fitted to the DC5 so if anyone can help in that regard it would be appreciated (aesthetics are important to me lol). Apologies for how long-winded this is, any info regarding anything I’ve said would be much appreciated. There’s a lot of choice and I don’t want to make a decision I will regret!

Last edited:

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The RM-01A seems like a great system, my only concern is that apparently the b-pipe hangs quite low, which might be problematic as my car will soon be lowered 25mm on Spoon springs. I’m also now considering the Toda straight tip as that supposedly sits higher and has a lovely tone. My worry with the Toda though is that apparently the baffles are prone to going, which isn’t ideal given how much it costs. I have the same worry with the Regu. The Spoon street tail silencer + Spoon b-pipe sounds like a good option, but I’ve heard very little about what the street is like as most people seem to pick the N1 over the street which is way too loud for me. I’m struggling to find pictures of the Spoon street fitted to the DC5 so if anyone can help in that regard it would be appreciated (aesthetics are important to me lol). Apologies for how long-winded this is, any info regarding anything I’ve said would be much appreciated. There’s a lot of choice and I don’t want to make a decision I will regret!
Look through my build thread (page 14), whoever told you the RM01A hangs low has either no idea or has fitted it incorrectly as my car went through 4 suspension setups (all details of them and images on here also in the links below) so you can see the height etc

The spoon springs with Showa dampers were not the lowest suspension I ran as it was a track car and I never had any issues on the road or track. My car was far lower than you’re going so you won’t have any issues with an RM01A

As said checkout my suspension posts and my build thread (page 14) and search, 25mm is nothing and it does not hang low

Build Thread - https://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/inde...ct-restoration-tgm-repaint-pages-5-6-7.45151/

Suspension Review Tread - https://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?threads/49336

Last edited:

EthanTEG

Look through my build thread (page 14), whoever told you the RM01A hangs low has either no idea or has fitted it incorrectly as my car went through 4 suspension setups (all details of them and images on here also in the links below) so you can see the height etc

The spoon springs with Showa dampers were not the lowest suspension I ran as it was a track car and I never had any issues on the road or track. My car was far lower than you’re going so you won’t have any issues with an RM01A

As said checkout my suspension posts and my build thread (page 14) and search, 25mm is nothing and it does not hang low

Build Thread - https://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/inde...ct-restoration-tgm-repaint-pages-5-6-7.45151/

Suspension Review Tread - https://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?threads/49336
Thanks for the help. Had a look at the build thread and I have to say, it looks fantastic! You may have just swayed me towards the RM-01A, plus I think it’s probably the safest choice for me

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help. Had a look at the build thread and I have to say, it looks fantastic! You may have just swayed me towards the RM-01A, plus I think it’s probably the safest choice for me
Hopefully some of the pics show it’s fitment etc, it’s by far the best system I had on my DC5 whilst it was in my ownership