99 ron coming back to ireland;)

gregb

Advanced Member
heard it on a forum over here that tesco are getting the 99 ron back in it`s forecourts after relentless requests from car clubs/rally clubs.
hats off to them if it does :)

gregb

Advanced Member
not soon enough but as i hear more i`ll let you know.
there`s talk of additives etc,but trackdayperformance in wicklow is going to do a dynopak run on one of their cars seemingly, he has a new system that can read the combustion etc and is going to do comparisons on it as soon as it`s available :?:

fine motors dublin has a c/w dc5 for €23k if your in the market for one,ice tronix had/has one both 2001?

Ken A

Advanced Member
Cheers Greg...I see that CW one advertised in Autotrader alright.

I have a deposit put on one in Waterford...02 Arctic Blue. Have to see now what the Bank manager says !! :lol:

gregb

Advanced Member
nice one,bank managers are easy enough it`s the missus thats the big hurdle :lol: .
nice choice of colour.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
99ron - it'll probably cost mental money though seeing as 95ron is already an extortionate price :cry:

Ken A

Advanced Member
gregb said:
nice one,bank managers are easy enough it`s the missus thats the big hurdle :lol: .
nice choice of colour.
Ya luckily enough the missus loves it ( she knows nothing about cars except the way they look). Plus..its MY BMW we're getting rid of so she doesnt have much of a choice really !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cspeedy

great news,hope they start selling the good stuff soon.
still waiting on my baby,limited choice because i've told my dealer:) to avoid the VIN numbers with the potential steering rack problem, must of the cars coming up on auction are in that range.fingers crossed i'll have it this week and will post some pics.hopefully in the 6 weeks it takes to get shipped over it'll be available in at least a few stations.
thanks for the update and keep us posted
:D

ally_mac

Advanced Member
wouldnt get too excited about this. Have read reports of people carrying out tests on this petrol and it wasnt proving to be much better than standard 95ron

Tarmac

Advanced Member
well yeah! if you get 99RON that's been sitting in a garage for over a week, it's probably closer to 93RON by the time you use it. the only way u ever get proper 99 is when it's just been delivered to the garage. i can't remember the name of process that happens nor the name of the chemical(s) concerned but this was explained to me before by a rally mechanic who was laughing about all the "young lads throwing their cash at 99RON, when 95RON is probably better in 9 out 10 cases". food for thought! :shock: