A Couple of strange noises coming from my DC5

yn08_teg

Morning all,

I am just curious to get your thoughts one a couple of noises coming from my car. I have recently had the clutch replaced and have covered 200 miles since then.

1) there is a slight metallic whirring noise if I hold the revs around 3000rpm in 3rd and 4th gear. At lower revs there are no issues, so I'm thinking this may be either a heat shield or engine mount issue, as opposed to something with the engine?

2) I have noticed a creaking noise when I accelerate in 1st gear and sometimes when I'm driving as well. I presume this is going to be suspension related, but i was wondering if anyone had a more specific ideas? It does also creak under general driving conditions, but is not affected by the steering.

Any insights would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Rattle will be half shaft heatshield. Most just bin them, but you can replace washers etc.

Creaking is a pain to find. Soak the bushes on 1 corner in wd40. If it carries on try another corner, till it stops. Then when you know the general area, when the creaking returns after wd40 dries up, soak 1 Bush at a time to find it.

Or, just replace everything for polu bushes. :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

yn08_teg

Thanks for the responses.

Ref removing the heat shields... is it something commonly done and are there any adverse effects?

Good tip regarding the bushes... although I don't know if the roads where I live will make poly bushing suitable. Steering doesn't seem to affect it, it's when I move off from a standstill and just during general driving that annoying creaking starts.

The car is going for its annual service next month so I could always ask them to check it over

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I had a similar creaking when pulling off in 1st when i first got my teg after alot of investigating, i found that it was my tegiwa air intake.
Where the carbon box met the scuttle panel, they were touching.
Soloution: a velcro strip (soft side) along width of carbon box where the box meets the scuttle. Sorted the creak right out mate.