A couple of wheel related questions!

conoroneill

Advanced Member
I'm considering buying a set of bronze Rota Torques for my DC5 from Julian @ Rare rims.

First of all - does anyone have a picture of bronze torques on a CW DC5?

Secondly - what would be the optimum offset and width to accomodate the Brembos?

Another question - I have a lot of old rims in my business from years back. TSW stealths and 100+ and so on. Does anyone know where I could get a comprehensive list of what fitment fits what? I'm gonna eventually get them all on eBay.

Cheers.

Evs

Advanced Member
Scott (SCOTTIECTR) had some on his - I'm sure he'll be along shortly and post you a pic.

As for offset, not sure you've really got a lot of choice with Rotas - they tend to be 7.5x17 ET45. Offset is a bit on the low side imho but they'll fit fine.

Can't help with the third question though sorry.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Nice one Evs. I had a look in his garage and I've made my mind up. I'm gonna get a set. The only offset available in 114.3 x 5 seems to be 45.

They should be ok as the Superleggeras I have are 45's and they clear the caliper... just!

j9jrx

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Another question - I have a lot of old rims in my business from years back. TSW stealths and 100+ and so on. Does anyone know where I could get a comprehensive list of what fitment fits what? I'm gonna eventually get them all on eBay.
Try here - www.alloyguide.co.uk if you know the pcd and offset you can find out what cars they'll fit :D

Evs

Advanced Member
Clearance will be no problem, the spokes bow out a lot more than on the Superleggeras.

Also meant to mention that Julian at RareRims is a great guy to deal with so you'll have no problems there either 8)

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Yeah I actually bought the Superleggeras from Julian. Great service.

Looks like the plastic will be out in the morning... :oops:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Anyone running or know anyone using the 17" x 8" Rota Torques with 35 offset on their DC5?

I realise the offset could be a problem but the spokes bow out a good deaal as Evs said.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Ok. Does anyone know if the standard DC5 wheels will fit a 01> Civic Sport?

I know that the standard EP3 Civic Type-R wheels fit ok - what about the DC5s?

Evs

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Ok. Does anyone know if the standard DC5 wheels will fit a 01> Civic Sport?
Possibly not as the OEM DC5 wheels are not a straight fit on an EP3. Do you know the offset of the OEM Sport wheels?

corbie

Advanced Member
pre facelift civic sports are 4 stud, So won't fit them but the Facelifts are 5 stud but can't remember the offset.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
I tried one on the fella's car today and they fit ok.

There isn't much clearence to his strut but I'm giving him a set of 5mm spacers just incase.

Cheers for the replies :)