Aaron's Mugen DC5 (PFL+CW)

TheWelshMcrae

Hi all!

Been a member for a few months so I thought I'd post up some pictures of my car.

I got the DC5 to replace my EK9.

Its a 2003 Pre-facelift in Championship White with Red interior, Factory tints and wind deflectors.

Its fairly low mileage at 58,000 miles.

Fresh Import to the UK

It has a Mugen Front Bumper, Mugen Side skirt's, Mugen Rear lip and Mugen Wing and Mugen Carbon Gear knob even some Mugen socks under the bonnet for the reservoirs!

It was standard when purchased it, so I've added these bits on:

K&N Typhoon Induction Kit
Spoon Lowering Springs
25mm Hub Centric Spacers
Kakimoto Regu 06R Exhaust (with silencer boxes deleted)
Headrest Cushions
Blitz Data reader
Red engine bay hoses

Not sure what is going to be next....maybe a Mugen Bonnet if I can find one!

Not interested in chasing power or driving hard, the car is mainly used for shows and weekend blasts....

Attachments

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Very nice.

There's a carbon mugen bonnet on ebay going cheap. Needs reclaquering or painting as it is in a state

TheWelshMcrae

Reggie91 said:
Very nice.

There's a carbon mugen bonnet on ebay going cheap. Needs reclaquering or painting as it is in a state
I will have a look! Id be painting it white to match the car, just want it to finish off the whole kit.

WatkinsDW

Beautiful car mate, i I have recently bought a dc5 myself. I love the look on the mugen style rear lip (black centre) just wondering if you or anyone knows where to get a good quality one from for prefacelift?

TheWelshMcrae

They do look good with the black section on them, If you post on the Facebook page I‘m sure someone will have one for sale or know someone who does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Very nice.

Tempted to make him an offer myself. Hard to value though, what do you think it's worth?

Mebz

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Very nice.

Tempted to make him an offer myself. Hard to value though, what do you think it's worth?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Its a fair price, but I‘m a bit unsure about where the bonnet pins are etc. Won‘t be an issue if you wanted to paint it red.

TheWelshMcrae

I looked at it and got more photos, it has done damage but the big thing for me I don‘t want to run bonnet pins...£650 ish new from Tegiwa in bare carbon so it‘s quite cheap!

Mebz

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Its a fair price, but I‘m a bit unsure about where the bonnet pins are etc. Won‘t be an issue if you wanted to paint it red.
TheWelshMcrae said:
I looked at it and got more photos, it has done damage but the big thing for me I don‘t want to run bonnet pins...£650 ish new from Tegiwa in bare carbon so it‘s quite cheap!

Offer made and offer accepted. Hopefully collect next week.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
TheWelshMcrae said:

I think you might have to run them or catches with carbon bonnets?

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
really well put together car.... Soo nice! But an unsilenced Regu? I put an unsilenced bpipe on mine to try it when i had the regu and it's possibly the worst sound ever :xClubbed: The regu is my favourite exhaust and wish i'd held onto mine. Maybe you like the sound of it now. But can't beat how unique the standard regu sounds!

TheWelshMcrae

Reggie91 said:
I think you might have to run them or catches with carbon bonnets?
I've not looked into it in detail but I have seen some Mugen bonnets without pins! Its not the end of the world if I had to run some along with a catch.

TheWelshMcrae

JDM-DC5 said:
really well put together car.... Soo nice! But an unsilenced Regu? I put an unsilenced bpipe on mine to try it when i had the regu and it's possibly the worst sound ever :xClubbed: The regu is my favourite exhaust and wish i'd held onto mine. Maybe you like the sound of it now. But can't beat how unique the standard regu sounds!
Thanks man! Yeah I found it really quiet, I did have a Spoon N1 full system on my EK9 so that was quite loud to come from. It has a very distinctive not now, you can tell its being revved. If I can upload a video on here I will....its loud....like someone filmed me from 2 miles away loud...lol

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
TheWelshMcrae said:
Thanks man! Yeah I found it really quiet, I did have a Spoon N1 full system on my EK9 so that was quite loud to come from. It has a very distinctive not now, you can tell its being revved. If I can upload a video on here I will....its loud....like someone filmed me from 2 miles away loud...lol
Yea i got a few videos with it silenced and unsilenced and then i listened back and it had to come off. It just screams but everyone has different tastes. I had a buddyclub and didnt like it then changed between a spoon n1 catback and the regu. Both are sold now. The n1 was nice. Deep sound but not too much. Just loved the sound of the regu as it was standard. Quiet until you were in vtec. I had a buddyclub manifold as well. Worked well together. I cant really talk about noise since i went down the turbo route. Get more pics up. I'll be keeping an eye on it. Really nice once again

TheWelshMcrae

Took the car to Castle Combe this weekend as part of the Top 20 Display, only managed 1 lap on track before being told it was too loud...haha Put some clips of the sound below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oxUwOKztys

No plans to make it quieter I love the noise, pops and bangs when downshifting too!

Britz

Advanced Member
Seen this at Combe lovely looking car mate I‘m not normally big a fan of the mugen kits on the pfl but definitely works well on yours 👌