Acura RSX Dials/Cluster

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Oh, and folks have reported needles jumping about, or stopped moving altogether - both put down to the converter.

I think my luck may be up though, and may have to resort to a small GPS speedo HUD or something just to use for MPH readings, and leave the rest in km and standard.

ste01

Advanced Member
Don't you think a small GPS speedo could be more troublesome than a speed converter?

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Don't you think a small GPS speedo could be more troublesome than a speed converter?
Do you know the devices I‘m talking about?
They simply plug into the power source (eg cig lighter) so can be installed or removed in less than 5 seconds. No cutting of wires, no modification of the car whatsoever.

So no :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Regarding the BIMTA certificate, I wouldn't let the lack of this put you off buying a car.

If you're interested in a car run a 'Car vx' check using the chassis number - this will give you loads of useful information about the cars' history in Japan including whether it's been accident repaired and it's mileage at auction (while being exported).

https://carvx.jp

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Nope - ended up getting a car that was properly converted - both odo and speedo entirely in mph and miles :)