Acura rsx headlights

"omadc5"

Hi folks, is it possible to make the acura rsx headlights work in the dc5?
With them being designed for left hand drive can the beam be adjusted?
My thinking is swapping out the hid and balasts (which has stopped working on mine) and converting to a regular bulb type with a good quality led which would match the look of the oem hid's

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ATC

As far as I know, no, it won't work.
Being reflector units the beam pattern is entirely defined by the reflector housing, so will have a different design for left and right hand drive cars.

While I'm sure it'd bolt up and look fine, I expect you'd end up with a lot of dazzled drivers.

Any particular reason for wanting to use tax lights?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
As above. Plus any decent MOT place will fail you for the beam pattern.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

James-T

Advanced Member
Aussie Integra headlights should work though as they drive on the left...

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Can you not just use normal bulbs and wire it in without the HID ballasts, I'm sure there was something on this in the past on here?

"omadc5"

Yes I know it would fail because of beam angle, but I'm wondering can it be altered?
Not sure if any other type of bulb will fit the dc5 ones.
I have a new set of acura rsx headlights I bought cheap about 10 years ago the last time I had a dc5 with the intention of swapping the glass part to freshen the look, but never attempted it, headlights need to be heated up in an oven or something I read in order to split.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
I had some fitted to my previous dc5. They did have adjustability on them to make them work for uk roads but I could never get them perfect.

To be fair I only did a half arsed job to get them set up right.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Never thought about it as since fitting my lights many years ago I cannot recall how they look etc, but can you not just seal the HID bit up and fit normal bulbs/LED ones with new connectors to the oem headlights ?