Ad08rs?

Ep3-r

I'm looking to buy a new set of tyres for the DC5 soon and the AD08RS looks to be the favourite for all round road use, just wondering what people's opinions are on these, are they as good as the old AD08R?
Any advice/opinions welcome.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ep3-r said:
I'm looking to buy a new set of tyres for the DC5 soon and the AD08RS looks to be the favourite for all round road use, just wondering what people's opinions are on these, are they as good as the old AD08R?
Any advice/opinions welcome.
Hi No the RS new replacement version is not as good as the R. The new version is revised to meet new European regulations and is a more economical tyre but less grippy as such and so on.

Loads on google about it and comparisons. If the cars more a road car then maybe consider some alternatives (unless your happy with them being slightly less as focussed as their predecessor).

big-pete

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi No the RS new replacement version is not as good as the R. The new version is revised to meet new European regulations and is a more economical tyre but less grippy as such and so on.

Loads on google about it and comparisons. If the cars more a road car then maybe consider some alternatives (unless your happy with them being slightly less as focussed as their predecessor).
This-
AD08R= great fast road/semi track tyre.
AD08RS= harder/diffrent compound( not used personally but I want Max grip a all times)

I have Cup2s and they are more track focused as they need some heat in them to work but offer more all out grip.

skengdR

Advanced Member
are the old ones still easy to find ? and is it worth just trying 2 on the front or should you always swap 4 at a time

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
are the old ones still easy to find ? and is it worth just trying 2 on the front or should you always swap 4 at a time

Swapping in pairs is fine. If you're other two have plenty of life I would personally just run them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
JordanSuth said:
Swapping in pairs is fine. If you're other two have plenty of life I would personally just run them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
thanks , im on rainsport 3s now and the rears are good

visually it might be an eyesore

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
thanks , im on rainsport 3s now and the rears are good

visually it might be an eyesore

Stopped spinning in 2nd now?

skengdR

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
Stopped spinning in 2nd now?
No still spinning , its the time of the year , roads are too damp

Ep3-r

Thanks for the info guys, I will probably end up buying RE070's as they seem to be a popular choice for DC5's
And are a decent price.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd go for AD08R over the Bridgestone mate, they're not that much more expensive and they're a superior tyre. The RE070's weigh a bloody tonne as well and you can feel that through the wheel, turn in is way sharper with the AD08R but both are poor in wet/cold conditions but once up to temperature the Yokos are much better. The RE070's are a better looking tyre though lol

Ep3-r

Don't really want to pay over £600 for a set of tyres, do the RE070 dull turn in that much? I know that they are a chunky tyre, is that why they are heavy? I will be putting them on some TD pro race wheels which are a bit lighter than oem wheels so that should help to offset the tyre weight. Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to buy a set of decent tyres at a reasonable price ready for the better weather!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ep3-r said:
Don't really want to pay over £600 for a set of tyres, do the RE070 dull turn in that much? I know that they are a chunky tyre, is that why they are heavy? I will be putting them on some TD pro race wheels which are a bit lighter than oem wheels so that should help to offset the tyre weight. Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to buy a set of decent tyres at a reasonable price ready for the better weather!
They're a good tyre don't get me wrong but they are heavy, significantly heavier than the AD08R imo. They're a good dry tyre but I didn't rate mine in the wet, many do though. I do find the turn in on the AD08R far sharper but both tyres have very stiff sidewalls which help.

Surely you can find a decent set of tyres for cheaper than that? I paid around £80 a tyre for RE070's off Camskill and got a local company to fit them.

Take a look a Michelin PS4 bud as they're supposed to be a good all rounder.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ep3-r said:
£63.95 a tyre now on Camskill.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b797s16p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch_Bridgestone_Tyres_Car_Bridgestone_RE070_Potenza_Bridgestone_RE_070_-_R17_inch_-_225_45_17_225_45R17