Adrian Flux, no where near competitive?

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Little confused, AFlux have always been known for being competitive but for whatever reason they are miles out in their quotes. Bit of background;

35yrs old
10 years NCB
Medium postcode
Parked on driveway
12k a year mileage
No claims or convictions

So far they are over £1400 which is just nuts, the likes of Admiral etc are £600 odd.

Is there something I am missing as I've had this issue with AFlux with my S3 as well.

Thanks

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
I had exactly the same problem with Adrian Flux last week. I phoned them back to question it and they reduced it substantially straight away. Aparently I had been quoted by the wrong department? As mines modified that department sorted it straight out. Not sure if it was just an excuse but id definatley call them back and question it.

BataLeon

Advanced Member
DC5Curn said:
I had exactly the same problem with Adrian Flux last week. I phoned them back to question it and they reduced it substantially straight away. Aparently I had been quoted by the wrong department? As mines modified that department sorted it straight out. Not sure if it was just an excuse but id definatley call them back and question it.
That's reassuring, I will have to call them. Its worth noting the DC5 isn't even modded....yet.

The other annoyance I have is the NCB, you can't use it on another policy, I will be getting rid of the Audi but there will be a window of overlap and the insurance companies are a nightmare to take into account that 10 yrs NCB exists, trying to find someone who will mirror it as I ideally don't want one of the cars uninsured!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
They're pants now. They're the worst of the known brokers imo for hiking prices then dropping them at the drop of a hat when you get a better quote else where. They did it to me a couple of years ago...

Sent me a silly renewal and when informed them i was leaving after getting a much lower quote elsewhere from the same underwriter (different broker) They got defensive saying "Why did you try to tell us before you signed up a different policy, we could have matched that price etc". Obviously I put them in their place.

impne

Advanced Member
Like Chris said they‘re up and down like the wind

I‘ve been on and off for decades with them

3 years ago very competitive, following year up by a third, this years below 3 years back.

I always end up phoning them at least twice, this year on the 3rd call they apparently took off their commission to bring it down

I prefer them as it‘s easy to list modifications unlike some others and I‘ve got my visa gti‘s on 1 policy as they aren‘t used on the road but it‘s to insure against theft which I‘ve not found another company who will do that and for so little

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Thanks for your replies, I'm going to get a day insurance so I can drive it back from Torque-gt, then I'll look to get this Audi sold and then transfer the insurance sorted so I can carry my NCB across. Its just a pain I have to do it that way as if I insure the DC5 separately then my insurance is massively more without the NCB that are tied up on the other policy.

What a ball ache.

impne

Advanced Member
Flux insured two cars for me the other year on one policy without charge.
A chap from Malta bought my old car but couldn‘t pick it up for two months, I bought it‘s replacement straight away and phones flux to see what options they had and they recommended just adding the new car.
They had no problem me driving both around, my better half and myself met the chap from Malta down south and drive them both down to drop it off
They didn‘t even charge me an admin fee
Worth asking your insurance company, nothing to lose

Chewy

Advanced Member
Adrian Flux are hit and miss, end of the day they're just another insurer like Admiral or Direct line, there's no loyalty... Sometimes they let you off fees etc sometimes they charge the earth.

I'd try Greenlight if I were you, they're not always the most competitive but they do offer free modifications (unless a boosting, but even then it's only a small premium) which if you're chopping and changing can save you a small fortune, they also have a no nonsense approach to renews/quotations, you either like it or lump it, no shopping around or bartering, they'll tell you straight that you accept the quote or go elsewhere, even after many years of loyalty from the customer. Take from that what you will.

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
Little confused, AFlux have always been known for being competitive but for whatever reason they are miles out in their quotes. Bit of background;

35yrs old
10 years NCB
Medium postcode
Parked on driveway
12k a year mileage
No claims or convictions

So far they are over £1400 which is just nuts, the likes of Admiral etc are £600 odd.

Is there something I am missing as I've had this issue with AFlux with my S3 as well.
Please feel free to try our scheme!

BataLeon

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Have a look through my post, tried my best to put as much info as I could for everyone to use but gives a long list of companies with some details for contact and my quotes where applicable with my basic details to help aid others in getting a ball park figure.

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/47095-2017-2018-insurance-quotes/
Oh I have looked at your post and found it very helpful.

Just as an update Neil at Greenlight has been very helpful and managed to mirror my NCB that allows me to insure the car. Got the DC5 insured for £470 and then can up the mileage and add business to what I need for about £130 once the Audi is gone, I can then transfer my NCB across then too.

Thanks to everyone that replied all of your input was useful and got me what I needed in the end!