Advice needed: ASR Subframe brace and LCA’s

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
After reading articles rear LCA‘s are merely for aesthetics and weight saving.

However a ASR subframe brave would I need one on a dc5 type r? What is it‘s purpose. I was going to get one of eBay just to match the beaks bar that I have.

Any purpose for the ASR they are pretty cheap on eBay as they just bolt on top as an extra plate to look pretty?

Thanks any advice would help

wocka

Advanced Member
I fitted LCA‘s and the brace as the same time, HUGE improvement over stock. I had to adjust my damping because it made is so much stiffer on the rear

I changed them purely for looks but was over the moon with the difference they made but this all depends on your suspension setup. I‘m on Yellowspeed fast road coilovers so I think the rear is only 8 or 10kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I fitted LCA‘s and the brace as the same time, HUGE improvement over stock. I had to adjust my damping because it made is so much stiffer on the rear

I changed them purely for looks but was over the moon with the difference they made but this all depends on your suspension setup. I‘m on Yellowspeed fast road coilovers so I think the rear is only 8 or 10kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yellowspeed Road setup are 8KG front springs and 10KG rear mate

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
The ASR is what I am going to go for in Red. Is the ASR just a plate that goes on top of the existing subframe or do you have to remove the old one to fit the ASR?

LCA‘s I will stick with the OEM ones for now.

I have just Have lowering springs at the mo

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Also would a eBay ASR red subframe brace be ok just aesthetically as I want it in red.

Will it do the job