Advice on carpet repairs, window strips and paint damage

MorttisMachine

Hi, looking for some advice on the following minor issues on my DC5.

Any soloutions for repairing or covering the warn part on the carpet under the accelerator pedal?

Can you buy replacement window strips, anyone have a part number or supplier?

Ideas on the best way to deal with this paint issue on the rear bumper?

Pics on google drive link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_XkKpJ6A5kT2NOSkRKd3R5b3M

Attachments

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Carpet, I think your best off getting another mat (or a different mat) and just covering up that area with it, not much you can really do with a worn carpet that I am aware of (aside from replacing it), paint wise, depends on the condition of the rest of it, a blow in may not be best as it could end up in a non perfect colour match so maybe repaint the while bumper? or just get it rubbed down, flatted, repainted and blown in and see how it is from there?

If you are near TGM then highly recommend them for any paintwork

MorttisMachine

Thanks Carl, I think a dedicated bodyshop might be the best option. TGM isn't local for me unfortunately.

The mat's I have in the car currently don't cover that area under the accelerator pedal, have you seen any that do?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Don't think there is much you can do with the carpet unless you replace the whole thing as they're one-piece. You could possibly get some tailor made mats. Companies will provide you with a template which you draw around and you send it them back and they make them for you.

As for the window/door trims you can get them new from Honda for £45 a side I think? Or you could remove the old ones and repaint them. I'm in the same position with mine, I'm tempted to buy new to be honest.

For paint, looks like it could be blown in, not sure. On paint as whole, use someone who you can trust and a reputable company. Trust me if you cheap on paint you'll forever regret it as the finish and colour match will be terrible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks Carl, I think a dedicated bodyshop might be the best option. TGM isn't local for me unfortunately.

The mat's I have in the car currently don't cover that area under the accelerator pedal, have you seen any that do?
Hi mate

I had some tailor made mats but again they don't cover under the pedals as I don't think you're meant to have loose items under pedals in case they lift and catch the pedal which could cause an accident, you could put another one under yours slightly off set or but a rubber one and cut it to cover such a place maybe.

Paint wise you will get what you pay for so don't cut back as CW (old dated paint) will be all kinds of shades, when having my car painted this year I decided to get the whole thing done to ensure it was 100% as there were concerns of colour matching not being perfect throughout.

MorttisMachine

I'll have a think further on the carpet front.

How much was a full respray Carl, assuming it was just the outside you had done?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The black bits can be bought from Honda as well as the mats I think.

Paint wise you could rub it down and touch it up yourself.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Replaced my door strips one of the best things you can do to tidy the car up. I‘ve also got new B pillar trims to go on as well as they should be matte black but over time go shiny.

I paid £96 for the two door strips and about £34 for both b pillar trims. Mine you I get cost plus 5% so will be a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

impne

Advanced Member
Unfortunately you can‘t get the mats anymore but as Alex said a good Honda Dealer should give you a good deal on the trim parts

I get cost plus 4% apparently according to the parts manager, I‘ve bought heaven knows how many parts over the last 25 year so I‘m a good customer to them and don‘t pay in advance either

MrRy

Advanced Member
Does anyone have any part numbers for the bottom window strips and b-pillar trims? Cheers.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Does anyone have any part numbers for the bottom window strips and b-pillar trims? Cheers.
Sure!

Here are the two part numbers for the door strips:

Here is the part number for the drivers side b pillar trim (seemed to of thrown away the packaging for the passenger side)

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Those door trims are pricey! Are they easy to pop off?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yeah pretty easy, just put the window down then pull and twist the trim towards you

JoshWatton

MortiisMachine said:
Cheers Sam, good advice :)
I have a full Red Carpet for sale in superb condition from my DC5 if you were interested

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk