Advice Please!

fishnwhips

Hi

Complete newbie here so go gentle!

I've been drawn to this car for sale:

On the face of it seems to be quite pricey, but a good example.

Couple of red flags, a few days ago it was marked as sold and now isn't (could be a reasonable explanation). One possibility is a buyer committed and then pulled out for some reason. Also it is advertised as 83k miles but in one of the photos the odo reads 123806, presumably km so actually about 77k miles?

On the off chance does anyone know this car or the dealer, does anything jump out from the ad?

Thanks for your help :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi

Complete newbie here so go gentle!

I've been drawn to this car for sale:

On the face of it seems to be quite pricey, but a good example.

Couple of red flags, a few days ago it was marked as sold and now isn't (could be a reasonable explanation). One possibility is a buyer committed and then pulled out for some reason. Also it is advertised as 83k miles but in one of the photos the odo reads 123806, presumably km so actually about 77k miles?

On the off chance does anyone know this car or the dealer, does anything jump out from the ad?

Thanks for your help :)
Never heard of the company and don’t know the car but first thing I’d do is ask them if it has the Bimta certificate and import grade sheet.

the above will tell you the total Humber of km at the point of going through the auction and the bimta will verify this
Then if it’s had a mph conversation you’d need to check at which point and 90% genuine companies adjust the odometer accordingly to show
E.g import doc says 100k km imported and registered with mph conversion would be 61,828 miles which would be on the mot.

The mot history is not too helpful on this one but if they say it’s in km still you need proof else it’s to be considered as mileage in miles (so 123k)

However it’s done some miles since Dec if it’s on 123,806 now as the mot in Dec was at 123,075 which I find hard to be done when the country is technically in lockdown.

That said it still would not be a bad thing if the conditions right, ignore mileage on these and go on condition.

Price seems fair based on current climate, for reference once lockdowns end mines more than likely for sale and it will be similar (maybe a bit more money) depending on the spec the potential buyers want.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just read it and says imported by Torque GT so it should have the bimta and import docs and Torque GT convert them on import to mph so maybe call them and ask if this was converted as then you’ll know the mileage was left in km and if so it will still read in km and be restricted to 112mph. If not then it will be 123k miles car

carl hammond

Advanced Member
You’d need to firstly ask torque gt if they completed a mph conversion on the car at the point of import

if so then it’s all miles

then once you have that info check the seller has the import documents, bimta etc as this will then verify things :)

if you look at mine (mot online) also imported by torque gt you’ll see as follows:

car imported
Buyer asked them to leave in km
When she part ex’d it back to torque gt they mph converted it for the guy who bought it (so odometer was changed accordingly)

then I bought it off him and none of this confusion or mix of miles and km just straight up my cars on 99k miles with all documents to show it’s milesage in uk and Japan

fishnwhips

OK I'll stop playing detective and actually get on the phone to some people!

Obviously if anyone still has any comments on the car do post - I've kinda fallen in love with it and can only see it through rose tinted glasses!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
OK I'll stop playing detective and actually get on the phone to some people!

Obviously if anyone still has any comments on the car do post - I've kinda fallen in love with it and can only see it through rose tinted glasses!
Easily done just don’t rush as post lockdown you’d have many to consider as I know I’m not the only one waiting to advertise their DC5 :)

L33LEG

Looks a really nice example, haven't heard of the seller before but looks tidy. Price is right as well and about the same as what I'll be selling mine for if I do decide to sell it.

Main thing I'd check is underneath seen as it's had a few years in the UK, hopefully wasn't driven too much in bad weather.

If that is your budget then I've got a 2020 imported CW with red interior. Only been driven in August and September and has been in my garage ever since keeping clean. Hasn't even been undersealed yet so can see how clean it is. Also still in km's so no confusion with mixed miles.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
The car was first imported with 'Midnight' seems he's not on the forum anymore. If you search 'Midnight' in the posts section you'll find his lengthy build thread on the car.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

fishnwhips

Thanks Sam - spent ages reading that build thread - looks like 'Midnight' then sold it to another forum user 'Indi' also got loads of insight from his posts.

In short it's had a lot of mods fitted/removed over the years, and some fairly heavy track use, to be honest I'm feeling less keen now - but either way really pleased I found this forum and you guys have been spot on. I will be back ... either with this car or another.
TY

Reggie91

Advanced Member
To be fair to both Indi and Midnight, although it's been tracked they had maintained it very well!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Thanks Sam - spent ages reading that build thread - looks like 'Midnight' then sold it to another forum user 'Indi' also got loads of insight from his posts.

In short it's had a lot of mods fitted/removed over the years, and some fairly heavy track use, to be honest I'm feeling less keen now - but either way really pleased I found this forum and you guys have been spot on. I will be back ... either with this car or another.
TY
I know the car was in good hands, the first owner used Area Motorsport and gave them an open cheque book to do the work and carry out maintenance. I know Indi personally and it was an extremely well looked after and maintained car.

It has been used on track but if that doesn't bother you I'd just be keen on making sure the body work is up to your standard. :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk