Advice

aself66

Advanced Member
I want to order the tanabe sustec springs. the drop is between 30-40mm. when fitted will any of the suspension parts need adjusting(eg camber) and what about light height? i was going to take it to a protyre outlet near me.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Pretty heavy drop mate, my concern would be with teh daily drive, with Spoon progressives you can't clear a curb when parking so I can't see your bumper lasting long.

As for suspension adjustment I'd get it set-up, if you're going to Pro-tyre in Bristol give them the settings you want as they set mine to DC2 settings and I now need new tyres :cry:

aself66

Advanced Member
how do i find out the appropiate settings?

also I was thinking of getting them from karma imports if they can get near the quoted price i got from tokyo express and i dont drive over kerbs anyway :!:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Yeah but speed bumps are flippin high nowadays - i have to crawl over them with my spoons on - but my nose is slightly lower anyway with the INGS on.

Be careful how low you go. I would not go any lower than the spoons which was 25-30mm i think.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Spoons are 25mm drop, I'll dig out the settings that someone gave me a few months back, I'll be taking them along with me this time.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
user said the settings were this:

Front caster angle: 1 degree 30 min +/- 1 degree
Front camber angle: 0 degree 0 min +/- 45 mins
Rear camber angle: -0 degree 45 min +/- 45 mins
Front toe-in: 0 +/- 3mm
Rear toe-in: 2 (+2)(1)mm
Turning angle: Inward: 35 degree 0 min
Outward: 28 degree 0 min (reference)
Front and rear wheel axial run-out: 0 - 0.7mm (service limit: 2.0mm)
Front and rear wheel radial run-out: 0 - 0.7mm (service limit: 1.5mm)

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Hope it helps. Let me know how you get on at Protyre. Also Kelvin at Karma will be able supply fit the springs, done my Spoons.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
I've 'only' got the Spoon Progressives on my car, and have managed to scrape the front bumper on a few humps, including one incredibly small looking one outside my brother's house. Luckily all the damage is under the lower lip so can't see it unless you get down really low!

dan the man

Advanced Member
sorry i got the last set from tokyo express i think 8)

and never thought of it as being THAT low it will catch..have not caught it yet and have not been overly carefull.... :|

nice springs too!

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
aself66 said:
ill take it to karma to fit, only £68 !!

thing is ordering from tokyo express and its gonna take about 6 weeks to get here :evil:

and ive just seen an amazing aero bonnet on here:

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/asp/template ... QqlnMokrNm

so ordered that as well :p
If you're getting it fitted on a Saturday then perhaps some of us local people could come over for a meet? There's a fair few of us in the SOuth West now.