Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1)

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Alrite guys, just a quick question for ya all

I was vtec'n the teg last saturday night and the engine light came on. I was then parked up for 30mins or so, with the engine running, talking 2a mate and it turned itself off, but as soon as i drove off it came of again. I connected a bit of wire to the OBDII Data Link Connector, and it flashed code 41 which is the Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) otherwise known as the lambo sensor that sits before the cat.

I have a DC Sports race header on which means there is no cat which could explain the light coming on as it would be getting an incorrect reading, but ive had the header on for 4months now and this is the 1st time its came on. If this was the reason for it coming on, such sensor 2 not be the one getting the incorrect reading as its after the cat, or is it possible that sensor 1 is dirty or has died and therefore needs replaced.

Any ideas ppl, any help is appreciated

jonster

Advanced Member
You really need to speak to one of the tuners (CPL, System-R, TGM). I've noticed in the past that my KPro'ed ECU throws a CEL like this sometimes but there's no actual real problem. I think newer versiond of KManager have solved this because I don't see it any more. If this is happening with a stock ECU then maybe it's true. Hope not for your sake. I think CPL keep spares of these sensor in stock if I remember correctly.