Alarm Advice

Goatwidcoat

Hi all,

I should (most definitely will ;)) be collecting my first DC5 Type R (and also first Honda) tomorrow. Cannot wait!!

The car only has an immobilser and not an alarm. Adrian Flux will only cover the full invoice value if I have a Thatchcam Cat 1 alarm installed, otherwise it will revert to market value which is all over the place currently and realistically a few £k off what I am paying. I am definitely paying a premium but she is honestly a minter and I plan on keeping for a long time. Mugs like me paying more only helps push up the prices of all yours haha!

Never had to add an alarm to a car before - are there any that you can recommend? I see the names Toad and Cobra often. I am based in Nottingham if anybody local can recommened too.

Thanks all,

Alex

Last edited:

Elliot438

I have a Cobra 4138. Had it fitted by a recommended installer in my area and they did a good job. Way better fitted than the one that was fitted before assuming on import in 2008.

I would recommend you also get quotes from a couple other places, AF had some bad reviews especially lately and I won't touch then since they was rude on the phone. 2nd consecutive year with Greenlight for me, no one could beat their renewal price this year.