Alignment

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I would expect this to happen, and in colder weather also due to the tyres not getting heat into them as you'd want, camber and toe settings both play a big part in a vehicle stability and the propensity for tramlining. Extreme positive or negative camber will make the car more sensitive, especially when only one wheel encounters a longitudinal rut and/or groove at a time. Even if all the tires are aimed straight ahead when the vehicle is in motion a tire that is cambered wants to turn. This is the result of camber thrust.

Any car using lots of negative camber for competition or the track will experience more tramlining on the road so although some have said your setup isn't aggressive that's not the case. It differs from car to car, setup to setup, road and surface to road and surface and so on. There are too many variables for anyone to just say do X, Y and Z and it will be fine. For them maybe but for you or I maybe not.

Also if you have any toe-out settings this will add even more tramlining because the extra toe-out will reduce vehicle stability in a straight line.

Mines setup specifically for me (literally me, corner weighted, optimised to the max for my driving style and needs on track). I never really see anyone else going to that extreme, they only have an aggressive geo (FRSU as they call it) but for me that wasn't enough, going to the extreme is the only way to be sure it's setup perfectly. All corners on mine are diff heights slightly etc so under load the car will be flat and level and produce maximum grip, I also have mine set to allow me nice amounts of lift off oversteer which I enjoy :)

I am not sure how a video can be loaded here tbh mate, maybe a link to it on youtube, but like you say things always feel and are worse in person than can be seen on a video lol.

One thing I have always said on my car is that it's very diff to pretty much all cars I have owned and that includes my DC2, I had 0 confidence in the 5 for the first 6-8 months but as soon as I got to Brands again in it everything felt right.

You will get there mate it's just finding the perfect setup for your driving style and needs and car's uses and if this means sticking with what you have cool, else release some money from parts and go another route.

Are you planning on using it on track much or at all ?
I'm defiantly tempted to try and get the geo reduced first to see how it is. No intention of tracking it, just clocking up the weekly miles. Maybe once the Reds poke off for the summer I'll have a blast down the runway.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I'm defiantly tempted to try and get the geo reduced first to see how it is. No intention of tracking it, just clocking up the weekly miles. Maybe once the Reds poke off for the summer I'll have a blast down the runway.

Yeah I would deff try things that are free or very very cheap first....

Do you work at Scampton? I am a huge aviation fan and wanted to go there to do some photography

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Yeah I would deff try things that are free or very very cheap first....

Do you work at Scampton? I am a huge aviation fan and wanted to go there to do some photography
Come up mate, drive the teg. The A15 is the best excrement road around for test driving!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Come up mate, drive the teg. The A15 is the best excrement road around for test driving!

I may do later in the year mate, any excuse to get the car out in the good weather, unless you fancy coming down to one of the track days :)

Home of the noisy barstewards that ruin my concentration when trying to do an actuals real job.

I would be very happy working there lol

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I may do later in the year mate, any excuse to get the car out in the good weather, unless you fancy coming down to one of the track days :)
Too scared of breaking my car :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Too scared of breaking my car :)

Welcome to come out in mine with me and all my mates would take you out (Aerial Atom Supercharged, Superlight Caterham, McLaren 720S, Carrera 911, M4 (tuned) and a fair few more unless some change them up by them, the McLaren may have gone in and exchanged for a Senna by then...

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Welcome to come out in mine with me and all my mates would take you out (Aerial Atom Supercharged, Superlight Caterham, McLaren 720S, Carrera 911, M4 (tuned) and a fair few more unless some change them up by them, the McLaren may have gone in and exchanged for a Senna by then...
Wouldn't want to ruin your corner weighting!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Wouldn't want to ruin your corner weighting!

Lol half my mates do anyway, it's only perfect when i'm out alone which is pretty rarely lol. more than welcome to any of the ones we do mate

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Home of the noisy barstewards that ruin my concentration when trying to do an actuals real job.

I too am a massive aviation fan, well Military aircraft at least as is Carl and CaLi off here.

Working there would be like a wet dream to me lol. Aren't they moving from Scampton soon?

Do you work on the Hawk then?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I too am a massive aviation fan, well Military aircraft at least as is Carl and CaLi off here.

Working there would be like a wet dream to me lol. Aren't they moving from Scampton soon?

Do you work on the Hawk then?
Gets annoying after a while! No I'm a ground engineer. The move is still in debate for various reasons, mainly the airspace. They are ear marked for wittering, but theyd likely still have to fly back to scampton the practice. It's the only overland gap in the airspace they cam use freely due to Lincoln's lack of airport.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Gets annoying after a while! No I'm a ground engineer. The move is still in debate for various reasons, mainly the airspace. They are ear marked for wittering, but theyd likely still have to fly back to scampton the practice. It's the only overland gap in the airspace they cam use freely due to Lincoln's lack of airport.

Interesting, didn't know that. I guess they can't use Low fly areas or military fly areas due to the type of work they do and the levels they fly at, makes sense really. I love it all tbh mate, I'm in North Wales so I'm regularly at the Mach Loop watching F15s, T2's and whatever else comes in. The T1's are getting old now aren't they, how long do you think the air frames will last for? Can't see the RAF replacing the fleet with T2's tbh but would be great if they did!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Interesting, didn't know that. I guess they can't use Low fly areas or military fly areas due to the type of work they do and the levels they fly at, makes sense really. I love it all tbh mate, I'm in North Wales so I'm regularly at the Mach Loop watching F15s, T2's and whatever else comes in. The T1's are getting old now aren't they, how long do you think the air frames will last for? Can't see the RAF replacing the fleet with T2's tbh but would be great if they did!
God knows! Still not sure why they haven't made a Typhoon flying team yet.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
God knows! Still not sure why they haven't made a Typhoon flying team yet.
Probably a cost thing, would cost an absolute fortune for the MOD. There were rumours they'd look at flying a singleton Typhoon as a display aircraft but nothing has come of it. The Reds are still going strong!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Probably a cost thing, would cost an absolute fortune for the MOD. There were rumours they'd look at flying a singleton Typhoon as a display aircraft but nothing has come of it. The Reds are still going strong!
Theres already a single display typhoon, i was speaking to the pilot after he nearly stacked it at fairford. The Reds aren't payed for by the MoD as such, it's mostly sponsorship.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Theres already a single display typhoon, i was speaking to the pilot after he nearly stacked it at fairford. The Reds aren't payed for by the MoD as such, it's mostly sponsorship.
You work at my dream location, job swaps ? I will try and pop up sometime before the air show season kicks off if I can, by the ah replying to pm now lol

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
You work at my dream location, job swaps ? I will try and pop up sometime before the air show season kicks off if I can, by the ah replying to pm now lol
I'll probably be overseas when the weathers nice enough for you to drive :)