Alloy refurb

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I‘m getting my alloys refurbed once the lock down is over. Can‘t decide what colour to choose, white or grey? Anyone got a picture with grey alloys on a white DC5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
I‘m getting my alloys refurbed once the lock down is over. Can‘t decide what colour to choose, white or grey? Anyone got a picture with grey alloys on a white DC5?

Deffo white

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:

Graphite, black and white all look good mat
Graphite looks really good imo (Chris on here has them on his cjh1980 or something in the gallery), have a look through and decide from there

Also depends on usage as whites a pig to keep clean (I have both black and white), track and road colours

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
White alloys is common on the DC5. It does look good but as u say cleaning them is a nightmare!.

Lemons

Advanced Member
I'm going for white. It's such a rare and special thing on these cars, especially when matched with the red interior, does any other manufacturer do this?

It's just a very iconic and very Honda Type R thing. You say common on DC5's but how often do you see another DC5 on the road?

Pain to clean but worth it!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Been toying with the idea of a dark bronze myself

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

stefanmcc99

Championship white all day long, just got mine done and gave them a coat of wax, hopefully keep them easier to clean for a while

stefanmcc99

Cheers im well pleased with them.

No they had done a set recently for a guy with an ek9 civic and had the correct paint code.

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I‘m getting mine done soon but don‘t know how much paint I need to them and the caps. How much did that set u back on the refurb ? I called up a few places but they only do powder coats.

stefanmcc99

It set me back £300 although thats including brand new stickers on the center caps which were then lacqured over aswell.

Well worth it in my eyes, they are actually like a brand new wheel even on the inside.

Lemons

Advanced Member
stefanmcc99 said:
It set me back £300 although thats including brand new stickers on the center caps which were then lacqured over aswell.

Well worth it in my eyes, they are actually like a brand new wheel even on the inside.

They look great!

Where did you get them done? On the off chance it's localish.

stefanmcc99

Thanks

Im in Northern Ireland, a company called A27 done them.

Hes really into it, suggested the new stickers etc. I love going somewhere like that where they take pride in their work, not just a quick get them in and get them out job if you know what i mean lol