Anglesey - October 2nd

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I've used RE070 on track many times even in peak season at 30+ degrees. Even after 20-25 minute sessions they've been fine.

AD08R may well be slightly better on track. However, they arent enough better to nullify the god awful feel in the wet.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mine are a mess I can tell you that much lol. And I wasn't going anywhere near as quick as some of the other cars out there.

I can't see them lasting much longer. You seem to be the only one that doesn't rate the AD08R's John.

I was running 24psi cold and when I checked them hot they were around 31-32psi. I deflated them again to 24psi for the second session.

As above, I think next time I do a trackday I'll have a set of dedicated track tyres and wheels. What are the alternatives to R888's, Dunlop Direzza perhaps?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I believe Anglesey is a highly abrasive circuit from what I've read (and experienced). lol

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Mine are a mess I can tell you that much lol. And I wasn't going anywhere near as quick as some of the other cars out there.

I can't see them lasting much longer. You seem to be the only one that doesn't rate the AD08R's John.

I was running 24psi cold and when I checked them hot they were around 31-32psi. I deflated them again to 24psi for the second session.

As above, I think next time I do a trackday I'll have a set of dedicated track tyres and wheels. What are the alternatives to R888's, Dunlop Direzza perhaps?
That's the problem with tyre discussions though, highly subjective :)

Federal RSR-R are well rated at the minute for a track tyre.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
That looks to me like rubber picked up from other cars.
Thanks mate. Do you reckon aye?

There's still tonnes of tread left on them so I'm hoping they'll last me a while yet.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
That's the problem with tyre discussions though, highly subjective :)

Federal RSR-R are well rated at the minute for a track tyre.

Thanks John, the Federal seem to be a good trackday tyre indeed.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
That looks to me like rubber picked up from other cars.
Completely agree, that‘s rubber stick to your tyres mate and that will come off in time and over use on the road.

Some of the inner tread looks like it‘s worn a bit but the chunks look like tyre picked up and stuck to yours

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I know the supplier if you want a cost mate

I'm ok at the moment buddy but thank you anyway John, much appreciated.

carl hammond said:
Completely agree, that‘s rubber stick to your tyres mate and that will come off in time and over use on the road.

Some of the inner tread looks like it‘s worn a bit but the chunks look like tyre picked up and stuck to yours
That's a few of you that have said that now so I'm happy to go with that!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I'm ok at the moment buddy but thank you anyway John, much appreciated.

That's a few of you that have said that now so I'm happy to go with that!
I can send a pic of how my Advans look after the last session tomorrow if needed as they haven‘t been on the car since so you can get an idea mate.

Fez

Advanced Member
I've used re070 on track and they were pretty good, as said all that is just picked up rubber, the tyres are fine.
I didnt find anglesey too hard on my tyres, i had ns2r on the front and fed rsr on the rear at the time.

My first ever track day a few years ago was awful, in a highly modifed civic, i went there thinking my car was awesome, and im an awesome driver.. i certainly got knocked down a few pegs when i got there 😂

Ive done about 15/20 track days in the teg now, with the car fairly standard, imo leave the car as is, book another track day, and get tuition, that will teach you alot. Get out there, learn the the car And then as you get better, then you'll see weak points on the car that you feel need improving.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers Fez, that's reassuring to knonw it's not off my tyres at least.

Perhaps I'm getting debris off other cars and the slight state of mine mixed up maybe? I'll see how it goes on these tyres.

I echo your sentiments regarding the first trackday. Mine wasn't awful as such but it could have been better, I do feel the tyres let me down on the day sadly but that was kind of to be accepted. I knew there would be some quick cars and some really good drivers but I noticed I got a wave or a thank of you off nearly every car I let past so the rest of the field were highly respectul in all fairness but I knew I would be one of the slowest on the day.

20 trackdays? Blimey! I definetely would like to get another under my belt but probably not until next year now as it's getting close to Christmas and the GF and I both need a holiday as well so depending on whether we come back with funds I will get another done, probably Oulton or Brands I imagine.

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've used re070 and ad08r on track. No problems with either but like you I've got a lot to learn.

Here's a pic of my ad08r from Donnington.... I went off line to let a race car pass and picked up some rubber.

If you were moving over a bit, more chance of picking rubber up. I just peeled the rubber off and went out again.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Crazy

jump on brands .. let me know when you go and I will come.. as for tyres get some advan ad08r great for wet and dry.. If your only getting 4 laps and they are going off you are pushing to hard at the start and not letting them warm up proper.. also did you check tyre pressures.. if your running to high pressures you will reck the tyres.

Anyway glad to see you got the dc5 where it should be .. on track :)

i do around 9 trackdays a year... your tyres look fine.. you got some pickup.. nothing wrong with that. but i can see you didnt lower your tyres that is why your handing was bad.. check your 1st pic.. you see the Triangle on the side of your tyre .. well that should be on the wall ... so it means your pressure was to high..

Mark

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey Mark and Mebz,

Sorry for the late replies, I've just moved house and have had no internet until today.

I do quite fancy Brands and if I ever decide to do it I will give you a shout Mark, and Carl too as I know you're keen to meet up.

Thanks for the advice re tyres and pressures etc, I didn't realise that the triangle is a pressure indicator. I did actually lower them but clearly not enough on this occasion, I reduced them to 24psi before heading out.

As above if I do Brands I will give you a shout, would be good to have some other Teg drivers sit in the car with me and give me some tips etc.

AD08R's will definetely be the next purchase as road tyres, I won't be going RE070 again as they feel too heavy which is a real shame as they look great. If I get some wedge I will get a set of dedicated trackday tyres.