another possible DC5 newbie!

cfoster

Advanced Member
Hi all, I hopefully will be a dc5 regular on here soon as soon as i sell my current car (see for sale section!)

Im going to be importing a DC5 as soon as mine goes and have a couple of questions, which Im sure has been answered on numerous occasions!!

The main question is that are there any engine options when buying one?? ie - i've heard something about road version etc... If so what is the difference??

Also, what kind of insurance are you guys paying and who are you all insured with?? Is there any kind of club / discount scheme??

Cheers
Chris

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Chris,

Welcome aboard - Sweet MR2 mate :D

There is a DC5 road car and a DC5 track car, the road car is far far easier to SVA. The Track car is a stripped out version - no passenger seat, no interior, none of the little things that are essential like Air con :wink: etc, etc. Tthere is AFAIK no difference in the engine, brakes, intake, etc.

For insurance - Group 20 :cry: expect quotes north of £1K and if they are less than that check, double check and re-check that they have the correct type of car, not the 1.8L DC2!!! Quite a few of us are with Tesco who on a good day are very good (and on a bad day take their time to get there!) more info in the insurance forum

Hope there's some to get you started here :)

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Welcome mate and good luck with the import..

Not sure who you are importing from but make sure you check before hand for the little things like "Spare keys" etc.

I am also with Tesco's .. 36 age .. 6 points (at the time) declaired mods and I live in SE London, I pay £1200. Not bad I thought..

UW