Anybody know Westpark Motors, Smethwick? Why so cheap?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Have a look at this and tell me if you think these cars are cheap: http://www.westparkcars.co.uk/185361/stocklist.htm

You will also notice one of the most hideous DC5s I've seen for a while (check the back end photo...)

Am I right in saying that under £8k for a 33k Evo 8 MR FQ-300 is pretty low? I know the Teg is quite cheap, but with that bodykit... :cry:

Before anybody asks, I'm not looking at the cars they currently have listed, there's a single-turbo RX-7 they're selling on Pistonheads that's darn cheap and I wondered if we have a Keighley-type situation here?

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I've never heard of them but them price's do seem very cheap and would make me suspicious.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Looking at the location map on the website seems like they trade from a cemetery?

I've noticed the cars in the past and always seem really cheap. But the cars never look to be in great condition.

Theres a rod bearing issue on the Evo which could lead to other problems and the DC5 has nasty rear light covers and wheels. Sounds like one of those traders that calls private sellers up and offers silly money for a cash purchase.

The Mini seems like an average price so might be quite straight.

TEG R V

Horrendous wheels on the teg :shock: in my experience any price too good to be true is worth avoiding [-X

Suped

Advanced Member

Hey, I recognise that teg with the hideous wheels and dodgey looking rear lights, someone owns it in my area.

Yukky looking..!!

TommyDC5

At my guess these Asians are family with the people in Bradford at Keighleigh and WRC. Keighleigh send their cars over to WRC to try and sell and they polish them up a little bit to try and hide the bodge fix jobs.
That exact DC5 was at WRC in Bradford and obviously no one would touch it. They were selling it as a HPI clear!
There is obviously dodgy goings on at all these places unfortunately. For me its better to buy from a private owner from this forum that has cherished it.