anyone running wider wheels? what tyres?

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Hi all, iv just got a new set of wheels and they are 17x8.5j, anyone run wider wheels if so what size tyres are you using? Do they rub on the arches?

Lee

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Offset is et45 I think just done a quick check. Width is 9.5 back of bolt face to edge is 6.5 half of 9.5 is 4.75.
6.5 - 4.75 = 1.75 45mm. I think thats how you check for et.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I am running 8J with ET35 and no rubbing although I had my arches rolled to be on the safe side

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Have a look at willtheyfit.com, can put in your details of your wheels and tyres and it shall give you the fit compared to oem.

Bbterri

Advanced Member
Hi guy, thanks for the replies, can anyone confirm that iv workes out my et correctly?

Bally_Jdm said:
I'm running 225/45/17 on my 8.5J
How do the tyres look/feel? Are they stretched on? What tyres are they?

Bbterri

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
You could run a 215/45 all the way up to a 255/40,

Choice is yours
hi mike, i know I can fit any size ttyre on but what im tryong to get at is what do you recommend I put on and 8.5j wheel. I think I have read a thread that you made/quoted in about you running wider wheels and about tyres? What do you run?

Lee

maxvr6

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
what wheels you got?
Pretty sure he's running Enkei Evo 9 wheels, the offset and stance it gives is just perfect, wish i could find a set of wheels i like in this fitment :(

kazmo

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Pretty sure he's running Enkei Evo 9 wheels, the offset and stance it gives is just perfect, wish i could find a set of wheels i like in this fitment :(
yeh that's what I thought he had, they're 38 offset not 35, that's why I asked.....

mike.williams

Advanced Member
TEGL33 said:
hi mike, i know I can fit any size ttyre on but what im tryong to get at is what do you recommend I put on and 8.5j wheel. I think I have read a thread that you made/quoted in about you running wider wheels and about tyres? What do you run?

Lee
I run 17x9 +40. 255/40 all round.

If your are just using your teg on the road i would recommend a 225/45/17. It will require more camber but should be fine.

For your info i have ran an 8.5 +40 with a 245/40 and required 2.8 degrees camber on the front. Cant comment on the rear as i had a staggered setup.

I run 2.2 on the rear and 3.0 on the front now with my current setup

kazmo

Advanced Member
thats proper race car geo, it must shag your tyres real quick during normal road use..

mike.williams

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
thats proper race car geo, it must shag your tyres real quick during normal road use..
Its toe that effects tyre wear more than camber.
I have a second car too so an aggressive alignment is not an issue for me plus ive set it up for track duty
TEGL33 said:
Appropriate the replies guys, would 225 be quite a stretched fit on 8.5j wheel?
225 will hardly be stretched(depending on brand). Ill be switching to a 235/45 on the rear of mine next year and thats a 9"

Bbterri

Advanced Member
I normally run re070 225 45 17 I know the walls are quite hard and when I measure them up with my wheel the wheel width is wider then the tyre.

Appreciate the replies guys

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Quick google turned up these.

Pair on the right are 8.5" with 225/45 re070

Hardy stretched. Looks spot on