Anyone tried these Brake Discs

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I'm sure OEM Brembo discs are that price too. Or you could get the Mtec ones that Porthos has. Same price again.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Indeed, as Adam has pointed out, OEM discs are around that price, last time I was quoted by Dave at Steels Honda was around £50 per disc, that's for Genuine OEM Brembo.

Mine are supplied Grooved from MTEC, they use OEM discs as well for the DC5: http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&zenid=&drop_1=HONDA&drop_2=Integra+DC5+Coupe&drop_3=2.0+Type+R+Year%3A+02-04&keyword=HONDA+Integra+DC5+Coupe+2.0+Type+R+Year%3A+02-04&submit=Search

Any pattern you like, they charge a bit more for the drilling but worth it IMO. My brakes are more 'bitey' definitely, especially with the ten groove pattern.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
How does putting groves in help with the "bitey" feeling? Dont disbelieve you or anything, im just curious :D

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
According to AP Racing:

Grooved discs.
1. grooves clean the pad surface and increase the brake faces (the leading edges of the grooves) so in theory the more grooves the more faces.
2. grooved discs can be used with any pad material as the disc is more durable than a drilled version.
3. discs life is longer than a drilled equivalent.

http://www.apracing.com/products/race_car/formula_student/sae/brake_discs.aspx

They clean the face of the pad avoiding glazing, but the downside is the pads wear much faster.
I love them, they look great more than anything! Little noisier too but not a problem really.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
I have the kinetic discs on my car, came with the car. But as Porthos has said they clean the face of the pads producing a better braking surface.

Plus they look good on the car

Ps not the best picture :)

martinj46

Advanced Member
Yep, mine had a set on when I bought the car. I liked them enough to have just put another set on. I've not had any problems with them.

chrex

Advanced Member
I would avoid drilled tbh, ive seen alot of badly cracked discs. The DC5 has got well vented brakes and they give no real advantage...they only give a weak spot for the discs to fail.
Defo recommend groves though, and put the grooves goin forward...they bite alot better :)

martinj46

Advanced Member
chrex said:
I would avoid drilled tbh, ive seen alot of badly cracked discs. they only give a weak spot for the discs to fail.
These discs aren't drilled, just dimpled and grooved. I'm not sure if the dimples have the same effect as drilled holes would?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've just fitted grooved discs to my DC5 and I'm sold on them. After a heavy day on track there was 2 rings of brake dust on the inside of my wheels from where the grooves had spun it all out.

Previously on my EP3 at least I used to suffer from the pads dumping deposits on the discs after 2 laps causing horrible vibrating under braking problem now solved.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
richie79 said:
says 02-04 will they fit a 2001 as well?
Yes, the DC5 started model year 2002 even though they began production in 2001. Mine is a 51 plate produced in 2002.

Bbterri

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Get the AP racing 2-piece discs. You'll never look back :)
hi, guys reviving old thread but im due to change discs soon and want to get ap racing 2 piece discs. Noob question but could anyone tell me the dimensions I need? And a rough price I should expect to be paying.
lee