ARC intake

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Hi guys I've just bought an arc intake off eBay and was just wondering where's the best place to buy new filters. Says it's for an ep3 but I think from what I've read these kits were desgined for a dc5 but fit the ep3's however if not fitted with a spacer they can crack. Well this one has a crack which I'll get sorted at my work and clean it up.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Hi guys I've just bought an arc intake off eBay and was just wondering where's the best place to buy new filters. Says it's for an ep3 but I think from what I've read these kits were desgined for a dc5 but fit the ep3's however if not fitted with a spacer they can crack. Well this one has a crack which I'll get sorted at my work and clean it up.
Pm Wocka, he's the man for ARC stuff.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Hey man, you can only buy the new filters from japan, you need 2 and depending if you have a gen 1 or 2 will depend on the filter size but you can measure them. They are pretty expensive with shipping and remember there is tax to pay when they arrive too

Your right, they were never made for the ep3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
I'll see what I can do with cleaning the filters but think I'd like to just buy new ones.

@wocka do you still sell those brackets and fittings? Or have templates
Yeah some filters clean up quite well, I use the k&n cleaning kit for mine, rinse from the inside out and then them air dry, once dry lightly oil them too

I can make more sets yes :)

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Well that's been my first run out with the arc fitted and personally I don't think it sounds no where near as good as the tegiwa. However I am dailying driving and it is alot quiter which is good as the tegiwa was a bit on the loud side. Another positive is there are 0 rattles now which is a massive bonus although i didn't spend much time at all trying to fix the rattles with the tegiwa.

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Just done my first trip to work this morning up the motorway and it's defo much quieter going along the motorway. I just put the noise down to the sound of the exhaust but the tegiwa must have been making more noise than I thought. Also at the top end of the revs the arc doesn't feel as eager as the tegiwa.

Now I just need to order new filters as I think mine are past it. Also the back filter is a mess from someone previously trying to clean it.

Does anyone know if any k&n or itg filters fit the gap or if there's anything close that can then be modified? Or do I just bite the bullet and buy the proper arc ones from nengun?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Surely 8ts not an Arc if it doesn't have Arc filters in

wocka

Advanced Member
I call the ARC setup the grown up airbox haha it’s a lot quieter than the others out there and not as throaty

I have mine more for the quality and rarity over the noise it makes but I do love the sound of it but I’m modified so it may sound different to yours

Do you have ARC filers in now? Get a pic up so we can see how bad they are

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Surely 8ts not an Arc if it doesn't have Arc filters in

I'm not to bothered what filters it has. Was just after the box itself also thought it would have been louder than what it was but to be honest I'm kinda happy it isn't as it's better for every day driving.
As @wocka says it's more grown up. I had the mugen kit before the tegiwa and that was to quiet for my liking

wocka

Advanced Member
Yeah they have seen better days, if you planning on keeping the airbox then I would definitely be looking at ordering a new set of filters

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

I've currently got a solid fab 3" cat back and the arc. Was gonna put a mani on but think I'll just leave the standard one on instead to keep me legal. Next it'll be a k100 and that's all its getting although I did have my eyes on a rotrex supercharger the other day

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

Yeah they have seen better days, if you planning on keeping the airbox then I would definitely be looking at ordering a new set of filters

Do you know of any k&n or other brands that fit or am I best just going for arc? I've read that some evo owners use k&n filters in their arc kits

wocka

Advanced Member
Do you know of any k&n or other brands that fit or am I best just going for arc? I've read that some evo owners use k&n filters in their arc kits
Unfortunately not but you could measure the filters and message k&n direct to see if they do anything that size, maybe look on their website and see if they list the sizes too

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Your other cheaper option is to work out what ppi that foam is. It just looks like reticulated polyether. Maybe get some off cuts from a foam cutting place to compare density. Or take a guess on a small amount. Looking at it id say a 20ppi would be a good start. A mtr square @25mm is about £50, add on a can of white spray and a template and your still a lot better.

Have a Google fir air filtration foam. Germany make the best foams generally, but there are loads if British based companies that at least sell/cut it. They might even let you send it in and tell you what you need.

Edit: In fact you can buy a chunk foe £8 on ebay, sold as 20ppi aquarium foam. Start there and see if you need more or less ppi. 10 is supper soft and smooth if I recall, 45 is quite rough and course so somewhere in between. It goes up in increments so your not quibbling over single didgets. I think 10 , 20, 30, 45, 60, 80 ppi if u recall.

Last edited: