ARGH warped wheel - someone help

Splink

Advanced Member
Urgent help needed..

I just found out one of my tyres has warped on the inside causing a lot of damage to the inside of the tyre. If anyone is in the vicinity of nuneaton and could lend me a spare wheel with a tyre for a day or so while I take a visit to mr garage to get my new set, then I would appreciate it.

Splink

Advanced Member
yer more or less :)

basically .. whats happened .. with these coil overs on .. i cant really see the inside of the tyre, unless i get on the floor and lie down and look under the car .. which i dont do on a regular basis really.

Anyway .. here i am driving along .. and then it starts to get wobbly on the ride... i think .. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.. and then get out .. have a look at all tyres and they all seem fine .. then i hear a hissing .. and then i feel the back of the tyre, and nearly sliced my hand open on the metal shards under the main skin of the tyre.

then I feel a bit more and the tyre is all warped out of proportion.. hence why i need a little bit of assistance :)

T666YPR

What are your camber settings?

Might be to aggressive for everyday and you're wearing out the inside of your tyres. :idea:

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Splink,

Haven't you got a spare?
Also did you get the wheels re-aligned after putting the coilovers on?

Splink

Advanced Member
The coilovers were on the car when I bought it.

I imagine the camber angle has been set up for a negative alignment. How do I go about changing this? Is it something which I can do or something any garage can do?

I have a spare, but its one of those space saver things with a sticker on it saying "max 30mph" which aint no good for me living in a country road area. Although Ill stick it on when I get my tyres changed.

Im getting new tyres tomrrow anyway hopefully, at least that will see me over for a few days, until I get it sorted.

T666YPR

Then I'd have one set with only 3 in it. :(

You're welcome to borrow one as you're only down 't' road from me. 8)

Splink

Advanced Member
Id appreciate that, but I need to put a tyre on it.

Ill let you know if I need to. ta muchly

Splink

Advanced Member
Ok, I got the tyres changed on my rear wheels and the ride is back to normal now.

Looks like the camber angle caused the wear on the tyres. The garage which I went to couldnt adjust my settings as I couldnt get my car on the ramp coz of my coil overs being set too low (and I was really late for work anyway)

So it looks like im going to have to get this setup :)