Assetto Corsa - DC5 Mod

Teggs

Awesome work mate! As someone who has a pretty good grasp of CAD, a 'fairly' limited understanding of 3D models and absolutely non-existent understanding of solidworks, rhino, real world physics modelling e.t.c I'd love to hear how you go about creating such a project. Appreciate that your focus is on getting it better and better, but would be fascinated to hear what you have already gone through to create such a great project!

Teggs

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I‘ve just bought this on PS4 but assume you guys are all on pc as it‘s modded? Dc5 not avail on PS4 that I can see :-(

spooke

Advanced Member
Teggs said:
Awesome work mate! As someone who has a pretty good grasp of CAD, a 'fairly' limited understanding of 3D models and absolutely non-existent understanding of solidworks, rhino, real world physics modelling e.t.c I'd love to hear how you go about creating such a project. Appreciate that your focus is on getting it better and better, but would be fascinated to hear what you have already gone through to create such a great project!

Teggs
Thank you! Tbh this has taken a back seat, I will look at picking it back up in the coming weeks I think.

Originally it started as a port of the Forza Motorsport model, which is terribly inaccurate, for starters it has a sunroof and the proportions are really bad. My friend started a scratch made 3D model in Blender, we used the Forza model as a base to work from as finding blueprints of a DC5 is impossible, with reference photographs and measurements from a DC5 my friend was able to produce probably the most accurate scratch made 3D model of a DC5 out there.

The game itself is fairly straight forward when it comes to importing your own model into the game, there are a lot of documentation available - the hardest part is the physics and sounds.

To make the physics I found someone's measurements from a RSX, using these allowed me to "plot" the suspension out in their physics engine, which provided a fairly accurate feel - I had to tweak it from there to get it to react correctly, ie. toe out under compression or to get the correct Ackerman. Currently the car drives pretty decently but it still needs work.

Sound wise it's just using a placeholder as I haven't yet been able to get recordings of my car (plus mine is modified) and creating the sounds is quite a challenging task.

If you'd like to see more I'll dig out some more photos and info.

carl hammond said:
I‘ve just bought this on PS4 but assume you guys are all on pc as it‘s modded? Dc5 not avail on PS4 that I can see :-(
Yeah this is a mod for the PC version.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thank you! Tbh this has taken a back seat, I will look at picking it back up in the coming weeks I think.

Originally it started as a port of the Forza Motorsport model, which is terribly inaccurate, for starters it has a sunroof and the proportions are really bad. My friend started a scratch made 3D model in Blender, we used the Forza model as a base to work from as finding blueprints of a DC5 is impossible, with reference photographs and measurements from a DC5 my friend was able to produce probably the most accurate scratch made 3D model of a DC5 out there.

The game itself is fairly straight forward when it comes to importing your own model into the game, there are a lot of documentation available - the hardest part is the physics and sounds.

To make the physics I found someone's measurements from a RSX, using these allowed me to "plot" the suspension out in their physics engine, which provided a fairly accurate feel - I had to tweak it from there to get it to react correctly, ie. toe out under compression or to get the correct Ackerman. Currently the car drives pretty decently but it still needs work.

Sound wise it's just using a placeholder as I haven't yet been able to get recordings of my car (plus mine is modified) and creating the sounds is quite a challenging task.

Damn it, great work mate, how would I go about getting a copy of the car to add into the game if I was to get a PC version going forward?

Thanks

spooke

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Damn it, great work mate, how would I go about getting a copy of the car to add into the game if I was to get a PC version going forward?

Thanks
Let me know and I'll send it over

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Let me know and I'll send it over
Awesome mate will do thanks, a mate thinks he has a spare PC that he never uses now that would run it so will keep you posted when I get it :)

ellb123

Just came across this, top work!

I wish I could get this on PS4, cant seem to find a sim that has a DC5 in, sticking it out with a DC2 in Gran Trusimo at the moment.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ellb123 said:

I wish I could get this on PS4, cant seem to find a sim that has a DC5 in, sticking it out with a DC2 in Gran Trusimo at the moment.
I‘m in the same boat, it‘s a shame as Assetto is really good but I may sell it as I never use the PS4 enough now :-(

carl hammond

Advanced Member

Same here but 90% of the time I revert back to my PS3 as I can use the car exactly as mines setup to the height, spring rates, camber, caster and toe etc :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member

Hi are you able to share the link so I can get the DC5 on the PC version of this game?

Thanks